Does the car have problems 5 years 5 months ago #1

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
I I need a bloody good moan.

I have had this car for just over 2 years now and completed a total of 2500 miles. I have never done so few miles in a car as this one.

I hate it, I hate driving it, and I still love the way it looks. Did I lease it because of looks? No. yes it looks good on around here there were very few on the road and every time I saw it I thought
how nice it looks, I still do. The option available on mobility when I took out the lease without paying a fortune in advance payment was limited, I was quite impressed with the Nissan QQ and was tempted,
the dealer I went to in Birmingham was a triple dealership Nissan, Renault and Dacia.

So the sales man informed me the Kadj was the same car built in association with Nissan. The boot also was bigger not by much but it was a big plus.

Two years down the road I am counting the days for when I can change it. It rattles, squeak’s, and moans
down the road. It rides the bumps quite well, but then takes about 10 sec for the plastics to stop moaning.
Build quality is rubbish 3 times back to the dealer for it and it’s still the same so
now I have given up on it. From a wobbly dash top cover to the paint the came
off the trim to the creaking from the centre console I hate driving it to at
any excuse not to I don’t. I have the same problems with r-link we all have so I
gave up on that.What has triggered this rant? A friend of mine I haven’t seen for
a while popped in and we went for lunch in his QQ. I was so impressed,
smooth quiet no rattles. It had 60,000 miles on it and he had had it from new
and he loved it.So I brought the wrong car, it’s my fault and I am not leaving
this rant negative.

The car looks good, said that, the car does an avg of 50mpg around town, it never fails to start. So overall I shouldn’t complain
but, there is always a but, the invoice for the car was £23,800 if I remember, and if I had paid that well it would have been always in the dealer.
This Kadjar will be one of the best second hand bargain on 3year old cars as it depreciates at an alarming rate.

This is my moan not a list of others I hate the car but I understand not everything can be all things to
all men,(and women) just in case, and I am aware many love the car so don’t take
this as a review its just a moan.  

P.S> and bloody everyone got one around here now but Blue is still the coolest 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Shedder101.

Does the car have problems 5 years 5 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Looks like you have not had the most perfect time with the car, me, touch wood, have not had any real problems but then it is now just over 2 years old with just over 10,000 on the clock and I am still happy with it.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: barracuda1

Does the car have problems 5 years 5 months ago #3

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I can't agree... I came to the Kadj from a Captur and was active on the equivalent forum.  The number of Kadjars on the road is lower than the Captur, because it was launched later, and it's a more expensive car. But, even bearing that in mind, the number of real complaints about the Kadj is much lower than the Captur. 

My short experience of the Kadj is very positive, and if it had a decent towing capacity I'd be keeping it longer term, but in my experience of a lot of cars, it's a very good car, very comfortable, and good value. 
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

Does the car have problems 5 years 5 months ago #4

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I can't agree... I came to the Kadj from a Captur and was active on the equivalent forum.  The number of Kadjars on the road is lower than the Captur, because it was launched later, and it's a more expensive car. But, even bearing that in mind, the number of real complaints about the Kadj is much lower than the Captur. 

My short experience of the Kadj is very positive, and if it had a decent towing capacity I'd be keeping it longer term, but in my experience of a lot of cars, it's a very good car, very comfortable, and good value. 

larry,
i am fully aware and agree with you, in its class its a fine car. as i said i need a rant and it was all mine, the experience i have. I can honestly say i haven't had half the trouble with the car others report, water ingress etc. how can i put it, you see a great pair of jeans in the shop and you try them on, the fit and look good so you buy them. after the first wash they don't feel right, a bit tight in the crotch or they keep slipping down no matter how tight you belt is. you end up hating them but they sit in the wardrobe and you still insist wearing them. I think that's what my rant was about 

Does the car have problems 5 years 3 months ago #5

• J053F
  • Thank you received: 0
Reviving this thread...

I 've listed my issues on the uk forum;
Reading at the initial post of this tread, I thought someone describes my experiences from this car.
I 'm at just over 10000 miles (17K Kms) after 1.5 year, most of them completed on fine highway tarmac with mild driving and loading of a driver.

When the tarmac becomes rough or -and worse- when in smaller city streets where typical road gaps occur, each and every plastic attached to the dash created frustrating intense creaking noise: the vents, the cluster above gauges and occasionally even the entire unit hosting the R-link2 & clima.
The drama though comes from the glove box - I have spent hours trying to resolve this; in the end I prefer to leave it open!

I have been already once on the official Renault center; they fixed a core noise source from the 2 decorative plastics running between driver & passenger seat (this is now well addressed) but for all the rest, I have another appointment within the week. Honestly, having read some posts on this I do not have high hopes.

The difficulty to "prove" these is that they are not reproduced under all driving conditions (another funny thing).

Beyond these I have encountered additional significant issues which I would say could occur at any "new" car. However counting all these I have great difficulty to accept whatever Renault marketing team says when promoting this to the upper SUV level of its class.
The assembly quality is simply "poor".

Does the car have problems 5 years 3 months ago #6

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Reviving this thread...

I 've listed my issues on the uk forum;
Reading at the initial post of this tread, I thought someone describes my experiences from this car.
I 'm at just over 10000 miles (17K Kms) after 1.5 year, most of them completed on fine highway tarmac with mild driving and loading of a driver.

When the tarmac becomes rough or -and worse- when in smaller city streets where typical road gaps occur, each and every plastic attached to the dash created frustrating intense creaking noise: the vents, the cluster above gauges and occasionally even the entire unit hosting the R-link2 & clima.
The drama though comes from the glove box - I have spent hours trying to resolve this; in the end I prefer to leave it open!

I have been already once on the official Renault center; they fixed a core noise source from the 2 decorative plastics running between driver & passenger seat (this is now well addressed) but for all the rest, I have another appointment within the week. Honestly, having read some posts on this I do not have high hopes.

The difficulty to "prove" these is that they are not reproduced under all driving conditions (another funny thing).

Beyond these I have encountered additional significant issues which I would say could occur at any "new" car. However counting all these I have great difficulty to accept whatever Renault marketing team says when promoting this to the upper SUV level of its class.
The assembly quality is simply "poor".

JO53f

dont give up, keep the service centre fixing your problems. I myself have given up on the car as i only have 10 months with it left on the lease and have started to look for its replacement. 

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds