Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New battery 3 years 3 months ago #1

• Donthedec
  • Donthedec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all anyone recommend a good battery for Renault kadjar 1.5 DCI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New battery 3 years 3 months ago #2

• johnsalch
  • Thank you received: 0
Kind of unfortunate no one has been able to answer your question in 4 days.

I am in the process of acquiring a new battery for my Kadjar as well, and have found this one is a perfect replacement:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-70A-H-760A-BOSCH-0092S4E081/dp/B07L5TGJ4W

My best advice would be to remove the battery cover, look at the specs, and measure the dimensions of the battery and terminals. Then ask someone more experienced or the Renault service to recommend you a battery

Also remember Kadjars that have a Start-Stop system need an EFB battery of at least 700A (the one I provided the link for should be 760A even though the photo says 650A).

New battery 3 years 3 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Why not get one from Halfords?
The one for my car, Petrol Engine, is £121 for 700A, 5 Year warranty and for an extra £25 they will come and fit at your home address if you are really stuck.
My attitude is that it does not really matter whose name is on it, as long as it lasts at least 5 years.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

New battery 3 years 3 months ago #4

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
It’s strange one asking about a battery, I mean strange as I can’t see many if at all trying different brands. Normally it may never be necessary to replace a battery, but the way we use cars at the moment and the way the car uses the battery has changed.

Lots to consider maybe cost being the deciding factor, guarantee, even brand. There’s plenty to go at, and I wouldn’t even attempt at recommending one personally.

New battery 2 years 5 months ago #5

• imran1nazir
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi

Just an wee update on this subject:

For over a year, the stop/start has been intermittent and the the Rlink started slowly - I was suspecting that both of these were using the EFB part of the battery and hence were playing up since that part of the battery was doomed.

Anyway, I decided to have the battery replaced from Halfords and had it fitted at home with a 5 year warranty.

The stop/start has come alive again and is working as expected and the Rlink starts up within 5 seconds of the drivers door opening.

One follow-up i need to is with Halfords, I had paid for "Halfords EFB096 Start Stop Car Battery" however when they came to fit it, they have fitted a "NAPA Start-Stop Battery : NAPA S/S EFB096 - 70AH 650CCA" - specs are identical but Napa's own website states that this battery only has a 3 year warranty.

I will report back on this follow-up soon....

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

New battery 2 years 5 months ago #6

• Renaultidea
  • Thank you received: 1
Just in regards to batteries: I've been super impressed with the battery on the 2016 Kadjar I've just picked up. It's the original battery (from what I can tell), and start/stop still working fine and R-Link responsive. I would have thought I'd need to change battery as we head into winter.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds