Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Extended Grip retrofit 4 years 7 months ago #13

• Btasci
  • Thank you received: 7
The settings to activate the Extended Grip is given on the first page of this topic.

I can't understand the difference between the modes because the weather is still so nice in Sweden and I haven't faced any slippery surface - snow or mud - yet :) But it's definitely relieving to have these modes at your command.

I will update the topic when I have the chance to use the Extended Grip scenarios. IMHO it's just a "nice to have" functionality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, Boyko, GarfieldUA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Btasci.

Extended Grip retrofit 4 years 7 months ago #14

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Thanks, keep us posted :)
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Extended Grip retrofit 4 years 7 months ago #15

• GarfieldUA
  • Thank you received: 1

The settings to activate the Extended Grip is given on the first page of this topic.

I can't understand the difference between the modes because the weather is still so nice in Sweden and I haven't faced any slippery surface - snow or mud - yet :) But it's definitely relieving to have these modes at your command.

I will update the topic when I have the chance to use the Extended Grip scenarios. IMHO it's just a "nice to have" functionality.

Thanks, found it!
Now the question is that there are couple of versions under RadNav x.x (namely 3.3, 0.7, 2.5, 1.8 and 1.5) and ESC_1540-HFE-XGZ-x.x (2.5, 1.9, 2.2). Which versions of these blocks have you updated or it is needed to updated values in each of them? Thanks!

Extended Grip retrofit 4 years 7 months ago #16

• Btasci
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi, what is your R-link version?

I don't remember the exact values, I have to check them to be sure.
I have a feeling that the RadNav one enables the ESP deactivation via the R-link interface; this is for the cars without an Extended Grip switch. The other one activates the Extended Grip functionality for the switch. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed the RadNav value.

Extended Grip retrofit 4 years 7 months ago #17

• GarfieldUA

Hi, what is your R-link version?

I don't remember the exact values, I have to check them to be sure.
I have a feeling that the RadNav one enables the ESP deactivation via the R-link interface; this is for the cars without an Extended Grip switch. The other one activates the Extended Grip functionality for the switch. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed the RadNav value.

My R-link version is 2.2.19.300.
It would be very helpful if you provide exact values. Thank you very much! :)

Extended Grip retrofit 4 years 6 months ago #18

• GarfieldUA
So I have bought a switch and connected it, then tried to change Extended Grip values under ESC_1540-HFE-XGZ-x.x (2.5, 1.9, 2.2), but neither of them have been saved successfully :(
I tried to change RadNav values then and it was successful but had no effect neither on switch nor on RLink...
Has anyone else tried to do these manipulations? I have a feeling that some block which controls extended grip is missing in the car... my car is 07/2016 MY

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds