TOPIC:

Rain sensor stopped working 4 years 5 months ago #7

• Iustin70
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I hope these pictures will help you.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rain sensor stopped working 3 years 8 months ago #8

• acgunner
  • Thank you received: 2
Fixed mine , and your right if you unplug the wire to the sensor in the windscreen the wipers will revert to normal operation , also the auto lights function will stop working too for some reason.. any way when I removed the plastic cover From around the rear view mirror I noticed that the sensor fell away from the windscreen , it’s clipped into a metal ring with is normally glued to the windscreen , so went to local auto factors and got rear View mirror repair glue , glued the metal ring back to the screen , give the sensor and it’s clear gel like seal a clean , put it back together and hey presto , perfect working auto wipers !! Glue cost £3 and an hour of my time !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, jokso

Rain sensor stopped working 2 years 6 months ago #9

• tonymc
  • Thank you received: 0

Fixed mine , and your right if you unplug the wire to the sensor in the windscreen the wipers will revert to normal operation ......

Having had the same problem with my wife's Kadjar since she bought it last year, I've now disconnected the wiring to the sensor and it does work as a "normal" intermittent wipe operation. Sometimes I think that technology is getting ahead of itself!!!!!

Re:Rain sensor stopped working 2 years 6 months ago #10

• jokso
  • jokso's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

Fixed mine , and your right if you unplug the wire to the sensor in the windscreen the wipers will revert to normal operation , also the auto lights function will stop working too for some reason.. any way when I removed the plastic cover From around the rear view mirror I noticed that the sensor fell away from the windscreen , it’s clipped into a metal ring with is normally glued to the windscreen , so went to local auto factors and got rear View mirror repair glue , glued the metal ring back to the screen , give the sensor and it’s clear gel like seal a clean , put it back together and hey presto , perfect working auto wipers !! Glue cost £3 and an hour of my time !!

I still didn't repair it....few times I checked dealer didn't had part on stock.
How did you remove the cover? I fear I will break some tiny plastic tip.
Also did you glue only metal ring, or clear gel too?

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

Re:Rain sensor stopped working 2 years 6 months ago #11

• tonymc
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Unfortunately I'm away so can't take any pictures to illustrate how I removed it, but hopefully the description below will help.

I actually purchased a spare gel pad off e-bay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-KADJAR-15-ON-WINDSCREEN-RAIN-LIGHT-SENSOR-PAD/122536261990?pageci=69e5bf3a-d5ba-4847-8bfb-2db6c7640378&redirect=mobile)  - there are still quite a few available on there

1. if you look at the "neck" of the cover (near the roof), you will see a small cover clip. This is on a kind of ratchet mechanism, and can be squeezed and moved down, then pulled off the assembly.

2. On the left hand side of the cover, there is a small removable panel that wraps the unit around the mirror stem. For the first removal, I used a flat-headed screwdriver to gently prise the complete cover off, then removed this small panel by squeezing it to open up the clips. Once this is off, it will then allow you to remove the main cover and the sensor is exposed.

3. To remove the sensor, it is a bit fiddly - again, I had to use a flat headed screwdriver to lever the metal band out of the clips to the  windscreen end of the sensor. Once loose, you should be able to pull the sensor free and install a gel pad. Make sure that the screen and pad are clean. Mount the gel pad in the sensor to ensure the hole is in the correct position, and then snap the sensor back into place.

4. To reassemble the cover, clip the main cover back on, then clip in the small panel on the left, and finally push the cover back onto the "collar" and push up until it is rigid.

I have to admit that despite renewing the gel pad, the wipers still didn't work all the time, so I decided to disconnect the sensor, which then enables the wipers to work intermittently via manual control. If you do go down this route, when you have disconnected the sensor, it has a small lug that secures it to the sensor. I used a small flat bladed screwdriver to gently force the retaining clip open (not too much pressure or it could snap) and then pull the cable out. Then push the sensor back in and reinstall the cover as above.

The only problem with this option is that it does seem to have stopped the automatic full beam from working, but that's not really a problem for us. Not sure if it also impacts the lane departure warning system, although I believe that this uses a camera mounted on the unit rather than the sensor pad.

Hope this gets you sorted.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds