Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Android Auto/Apple Car Play 4 years 5 months ago #1

• neilrlsmith
  • neilrlsmith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi!

Looking to buy a c2015/2016 Kadjar and some seem to have carplay/andrid and some don't which doesnt make sense to me. Reading around this, it looks perhpas like the ones that do, weren't delivered like that but have the sw upgraded. Therefore can I do the same if I get one without? For example there's a 65 plate with it and a 66 plate wihout it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Android Auto/Apple Car Play 4 years 5 months ago #2

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Apple Car Play and Android Auto wasn't available before June 2017 (built around that date). Any Kadjar built/registered before that date do not. Cars with Android Auto that were pre or early 2017 have used the unofficial update to OS 3.3.16.961 which allows (in conjunction with changing some settings in Developer Mode) Android Auto. This works fine. There is an extensive thread on this Forum describing 'How to Do" and if you are not technically minded, there are plenty of excellent Forum members who will help when asked. APPLE CAR PLAY IS NOT AVAILABLE as it needs more than just a software update. If you have the chance to buy a used Kadjar with AA it would save you the faff.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by PatWar.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds