Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

High Fuel usage 5 years 2 months ago #13

• revi
  • Thank you received: 0

Cold weather and short runs is a recipe for high fuel consumption. My 1.2Tce Auto is showing 32 mpg and has only achieved this because it has had a couple of longer journeys.
Once the weather warms up this should improve.

On that note, I noticed that on idle I have ~1000 rpm when there is no "ECO" on and at the same time I have heater on (with or without Auto, with or without AC). When I turn off the heater and switch ECO on, the idle is ~800 rpm. I have been checking this for a week now and it's consistent. Short city trips that have brought the consumption up to 11,2lt/100km. Have you seen the same behaviour with idling?

2017 Bose 1.2 TCE EDC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

High Fuel usage 5 years 2 months ago #14

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I never use ECO,  but basically it's the same to me in the winter days.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

High Fuel usage 5 years 2 months ago #15

• AlexP
  • Thank you received: 8
The high engine rpm happens to me also but only when the engine is cold and the rpm drops to ~800 in a couple of minutes/km.

High Fuel usage 5 years 2 months ago #16

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The engine revs are programmed by the ECU and vary under load conditions and engine temp etc. This is what you are seeing and is normal.

You can test it to the extreme next time you are crawling in a traffic que. On a slight incline put the car in first and pull off normally. Then take your foot of the gas pedal. The engine revs will hold and keep the car at about 1000 rpm.It's just the computer giving added fueling, enough to drive the car in this case

High Fuel usage 5 years 2 months ago #17

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Mines a 1.6 dci 4x4 I get 42/46 mpg in colder weather but in summer it’s 48/50 . I never use eco it’s a pain any incline and the power delivery is gutless. I would not be happy with 30 ish mpg with the petrol car that’s pathetic...

High Fuel usage 5 years 2 months ago #18

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19

Mines a 1.6 dci 4x4 I get 42/46 mpg in colder weather but in summer it’s 48/50 . I never use eco it’s a pain any incline and the power delivery is gutless. I would not be happy with 30 ish mpg with the petrol car that’s pathetic...

As a low mileage user (app. 5000 miles p.a) driving a petrol against a diesel is costing me about an extra £150 p.a. or £3 per week. How long would I need to keep the car before I lose the £2000 price advantage between petrol and diesel?
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds