TOPIC:

Automatic 1.5l gearbox 5 years 9 months ago #1

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
Here is the origanal question from the other site, as well as the first answer. Don't forget to copy your fav topic and post it on the site 

Does anyone with the Autobox find that its a little slow to get through 1st and 2nd gear? Also the revs seem quite high before they change, even when im being extremely gentle with the accelerator. If i give a little more gas it really doesnt like it and the revs go way up.This is my third auto and so far feels like the slowest to reach 3rd gear, although these were 1.4 and 1.6 petrol engines.Im wondering if its just mine or has anyone else found this?Just to be clear, I am trying to be economical with this car and not race away from traffic lights etc  but its still pretty slow, even when its only me in the car.
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Shedder101.

Automatic 1.5l gearbox 5 years 9 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
I have the same gearbox and find it slow through 1st and 2nd also but as this is my first automatic I thought it was normal. I find once past 2nd the gear changes are not noticeable so I am prepared to put up with the sluggish start. I also find in Eco mode that it reaches 6th gear at 40 mph on the flat so that will help with economy. I have just reached 1100 miles and the best fuel consumption I have had was 68 mpg although 60 mpg is achievable on most runs if you are careful with the throttle.
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Automatic 1.5l gearbox 5 years 9 months ago #3

• Janeyandpaul
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, I have the same engine and auto gearbox. If I’m just plodding along it’s OK, you’re right it’s sluggish to start off. I’ve found that if I need to merge into fast traffic, a motorway for instance I sometimes put it in manual mode and press harder on the accelerator. It seem to give that little bit of extra Va Va Voom. 
If I keep the car after it’s next service I am  considering buying a plug and play chip which apparently gives you more torque and MPG.

Automatic 1.5l gearbox 5 years 5 months ago #4

• QWERTY
  • Thank you received: 1
This is a very helpful post for me. In fact the reason I came on the Forum was because i have exactly the same problem. Its as if first and second gear slip out of gear (impossible in an automatic) and I have to take my foot off the accelerator to let the revs die down. I then have to gently apply the gas and get the car moving. This often happens when i am turning into a downhill slope in the road quite near my house. What I have noticed is that the more people I have in the car the less this happens. ?? A mechanic friend has suggested that the on board computer will eventually "learn" my driving style and adjust settings to sort out this issue. Does anyone out there have any helpful comments?

Automatic 1.5l gearbox 5 years 5 months ago #5

• Dolph
  • Thank you received: 4
I find the shift depends of ECO on or off. And furtermore I did remap the ECU and today I'm satified.with the gearbox.

Automatic 1.5l gearbox 5 years 5 months ago #6

• QWERTY
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Dolph. Yes. Selecting ECO does help as it seems to force the engine to select higher gears sooner than otherwise. Not sure what you mean by "remap the ECU". Can you explain?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds