TOPIC:

Kadjar Alarm 5 years 10 months ago #1

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
Could someone possibly try something out for me.
Could you lock up the car, wait a few minutes then unlock the boot by only lifting the boot latch, DON'T PRESS ANY BUTTONS ON RENAULT CARD. When I do this I get 4 instant beeps from the alarm, so I want to see if this is normal.It only happens with the boot ? Thanks
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Shedder101.

Kadjar Alarm 5 years 9 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
Ok so I've done some playing around with the alarm, much to the annoyance of my neighbours on a Sunday afternoon.  (especially #9. We'll just call it payback for letting your scabby cat s**t my garden  

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

). 

So anyway, the 4 beeps that are heard when you unlock the car are definitely to warn that the alarm has been activated whilst you were away.You should not hear ANY beeps when unlocking the car under normal conditions. 

However you will  hear the same 4 beeps if you unlock the boot without using the card. I think this is because the internal sensors notice the boot opening but realise its not an attempt at breaking in, so does not go into full alarm mode but just gives these 4 beeps.If you unlock the boot using the card you do not hear the 4 beeps. 

If you "double lock" (deadlock), you still wont hear the 4 beeps when unlocking (unless the alarm was activated whilst you was away).  You can turn off the volumetric sensors by holding down the lock button on the card, you will hear 3 beeps when you do this.This feature is handy if you want to leave a window slightly open if you are leaving pets in car when you lock it up, or if something like a heavy storm or traffic is setting the alarm off. (It was this feature that was set too sensitive on my faulty alarm, you cannot alter the sensitivity only turn it off, hence new alarm unit fitted.) 

You can also turn off the "tilt" feature, but according to the manual ( 

), to do this you must turn the ignition on and off 3 times, then lock the car within 50 seconds.Once again total nonsense from the manual. 

All you need to do is lock the car and hold down the lock button until you hear the 3 beeps.Basically by holding down the lock button on the card you are not just deactivating the volumetric but also the tilt feature, yet still protecting the car with the immobiliser and voltage sensor (when internal light comes via opening any door or boot). Hope this might help a little into understanding the alarm. 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Last edit: by Shedder101.

Kadjar Alarm 5 years 9 months ago #3

• arkoko
  • Thank you received: 4

you will  hear the same 4 beeps if you unlock the boot without using the card.

I've always opened the trunk without using the card and never heard such beeps.
Kadjar Intens Energy "Flame Red" 1,5dCi EDC (2017)

Kadjar Alarm 5 years 9 months ago #4

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Me neither. My remote never leaves my pocket normally. If I leave the car for a second with someone sat in the passenger seat I leave the remote in the centre console.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Kadjar Alarm 5 years 7 months ago #5

• danstuartrobb
  • Thank you received: 0
Shedder101
Just wanted to say many thanks for the above info you provided.
I was on to ask about how to lock the car without setting the alarm and sensors as I'm going on a ferry next week and last time it went off repeatedly ( as did a lot of other cars ! ) on a trip to Islay and back. 
The manual does not mention pressing and holding the lock button till you hear the 3 beeps !

Last edit: by danstuartrobb.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds