• Page:

TOPIC:

Front window easily scratched and damaged 5 years 8 months ago #1

• AOne
  • AOne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I already had a few tiny pits from small rocks on the front window. Later on a scratch appeared but out of main site, so it was not bothering me. But, today I turned the wipers after a heavy rain and a loud squeeeeak sounded. A large scratch from one end of the window to the other appeared just in front my eyesight. Lovely. It was already scheduled for replacement under insurance, but I intentionally delayed it for the end of the year, cause I have vignette stickers from few countries, costing more than 300 euro and I don't believe they can be replaced easily. So, beware guys and gals. It doesn't take much to ruin your front screen (just like the paint).
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Front window easily scratched and damaged 5 years 8 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
sorry to hear that mate, again it shows up the quality of the car i am getting pissed off to touch anything on the car.

is it me (before you answer it probably is) My dads cars, now being the good son, i cant afford mine, i used to wash my dads car for some pocket money. he traveled all over the uk before motorways then after and i dont remember any chips on the bonnet or the screen, yes it rusted in front of your eyes but i don't remember a touch up stick anywhere 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Front window easily scratched and damaged 5 years 8 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Same here. I've had five or six cars so far (and I'm 38) and all of them had no such issues. I understand the paint thing - eco regulations, new types of paint, blah blah... but the glass. Well, that comes too much.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Front window easily scratched and damaged 5 years 8 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Different times, back in the dark ages cars were built to take knocks and not crumple when you hit a match stick or even a human being, Car 1 v Human Being/Matchstick 0.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Front window easily scratched and damaged 5 years 8 months ago #5

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
Make sure the replacement screen is genuine Renault branded. We had our screen replaced and initially had a pattern screen fitted but the sensors for rain etc would 
seat properly as the shaded area on the screen was dimpled. That area on the Renault screen is smooth.

Front window easily scratched and damaged 5 years 8 months ago #6

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks. I'm aware of that. The dealer is replacing it, and is paid by the insurer to do so with an original part.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds