Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Front window easily scratched and damaged 5 years 9 months ago #7

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Well while you and Shedder complains against this car and compares it with older... before Kadjar I had 3 new Scenics (1998, 2003, 2007) and as a second car I have Modus since new (2010). I also had a few Japanese and Korean cars. And guess what... I have to replace windscreen every two years on every car because of hits of sand out from truck tyres on motorway... and we had in previous company company cars, just German one (das Problem) and situation was same... so do not blame Renault for windscreen cracking... producer of windscreen glass is SanitGobain or Pilkington which are OEM producers for many car brands...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Front window easily scratched and damaged 5 years 9 months ago #8

• AOne
  • AOne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I agree with you, and I don't blame Renault. Regarding the paint - it's the same with all brands and the new eco-paints. I believe it's the same with the glass. Chasing price versus quality or something like that.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Front window easily scratched and damaged 5 years 9 months ago #9

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
we who live in a rose coloured glasses world of being old, always remember things where better, remember rickets LOL 

no your right, trafic numbers have increased expanencaly, hence more grit thrown up, more chances of damage 

Growing old isn't as much fun as it looks but the memories linger  
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds