Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Remove dash trim 5 years 6 months ago #7

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
Obvious now you explain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remove dash trim 5 years 2 months ago #8

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I followed the instructions and managed to get halfway without any tools (well, except for screwdriver). I only couldn't remove the media surrounding plastic and the centre vents, but even so I notice big difference in noise reduction, especially when I go over paved road or speed bumps.

Waiting for trim tools to get delivered (1 euro from AliExpress) sometime next month to complete the procedure.

Thanks very much for this, much appreciated!
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Remove dash trim 5 years 2 months ago #9

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Here's a short video of what I had to live with prior to this mod:
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: OZTURK

Remove dash trim 5 years 2 months ago #10

• OZTURK
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Boyko,

Thanks for your sharing. Is there any video taken during the removal steps? I am afraid to scratch / break the parts while dismantling.

Remove dash trim 5 years 2 months ago #11

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi, no video but I'll post some more pictures and details laters today.

Remove dash trim 5 years 2 months ago #12

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Basically you need to unscrew 4 screws overall, (those are T screws, maybe T20 or close to that) and gently pull the plastics to unclip them. Its actually a very quick and simple task once you know where the clips are and how to pull.

Here's a pic of where you begin - tis the leather-like cover on top of the steering wheel console, at the back of it - you pull up from the sides so one of the side clips come out, then you just unclip the other two (middle and other side) - easier with tools, but I did it by hand:

This one is attached to the black plastic dashboard cover that rests on top of the transparent glass cover so its one single piece - it'll be obvious once you unscrew.

Make sure the steering wheel is pulled out and down so there is enough room to work this cover out. Do not pull the cover out entirely before unscrewing the two screws that you'll see below it - see the original post for locations of those (on my pic that would be right behind the two side yellow clips).

At this point it should looks something like this, only still with the visor cover attached (thats not on my pic below):

Then you remove the two screws located under the visor cover - you can see them on the pic above. Thats it for screws - the rest is just gentle pulling and unclipping.

You then remove the visor - just pull to yourself and up and it goes away.

Then for air vents - you just pull them out and up gently, you will hear the click when they detach. Here are some more pics of them:

Then for RLink cover you would need pry tools as the clips are very strong:

This is the spray I used, got it from Mr.Bricolage, it completely killed all the rattling and noises coming from the air vents. I also used some double sticky tape here and there (mostly on places and parts that I don't expect to need to remove ever again).

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any doubts or need further help

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, revi, OZTURK, teotsin

Last edit: by Boyko.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds