Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Paint defect? 4 years 11 months ago #1

• beachjunkey
  • beachjunkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, after giving the Kadjar a wash today I’ve noticed what looks like tiny rust marks in the paint. Ours is the pearlescent white. It looks like iron filings has rusted on it. Obviously it hasn’t. It’s on the tailgate. Top of spoiler rear side hunches. Anyone got similar. Is this a defect?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Paint defect? 4 years 11 months ago #2

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Hi, my SIL had similar on a sporty white audi he bought, only a year old, your detail sounds exactly the same and in all the areas you would expect airborn debris to settle.

In his case the car had belonged to a sales director for a large engineering company producing iron casting, the marks wre indeed iron filing that had escaped or bypassed their air purifier/extract unit. They did "T Cut out.

PS we didn't spot it when viewing the car as the motor was wet, only showed in bright light.

Paint defect? 4 years 11 months ago #3

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
We had a spate of it at work, fitting lightbars and antenna.
Some new guys started and didn’t clean off the roofs, put the vehicles outside and that’s when the rust starts.

It’s more to do with something settling on the car as turbo suggested, a bit of moisture the fillings/swarf start to react and rust, it holds on to the paint. It looks worst than it is if it’s caught early enough it’s a case of cleaning, cut the paint and a good application of wax.

Paint defect? 1 year 10 months ago #4

• Lukiehughes
  • Thank you received: 3

HI Beach Junkey, 

Had a close look at my car today, same white colour as yours and completely full of rust spots. It's on every door and tailgate! I've tried to attach pictures for people to see. It's pretty bad and I'm worried in a few years time it's going to look really bad. Mine is a 2016 plate. 

I'm wondering did you manage to sort it out? 

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds