Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

V7 Firmware 3 years 7 months ago #1

• Lott of Iron
  • Lott of Iron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Does anyone know the cost of updating to V7 firmware from a dealership in the U.K. ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V7 Firmware 3 years 7 months ago #2

• Slippy
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
Not sure if this is universal but I took my 2016 Kadjar in for service and MOT about a month ago. I asked them to look to see if the Rlink2 has any appropriate updates. They updated it from version 3 to version 7 at no charge.
When I got it back the 'connected services' were not available. After getting in touch with Renault media they advised going back to the dealership for investigation. The dealership carried out the tests advised by Renault media and determined that the TCU (Telematics unit) requires replacing. That was yesterday - I'm waiting for them to get the part in so a can arrange fitting. This is being done under warranty

V7 Firmware 3 years 7 months ago #3

• Dave T
Hi all - finally got round to joining new site..!

I have a March 17 Kadjar and had to update to V7 last year and worked ok until my 3yr map updates expired at the end of June this year, since then my R-Link has lost all connected services as Slippy mentions. I spoke to the R-Link helpline who were not that helpful and just said well, yes, that's what happens when your subscription expires, we switch everything off and its £75 to switch it back on and receive updates for a further 12m..! I have recently had the R-Link unit checked by a main dealer who just said that the unit was working ok including the telematics and that - yes, I'd need to fork out £75 if I wanted to get the communications switched back on again. I find this very annoying, especially as I have some of the extra apps which I paid for of which none work anymore as all the communications are dead, the R-Link maps also show the traffic disruptions and road closures which were in place on the last day the maps package was in force, so a useless situation really..!

V7 Firmware 3 years 7 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
The Digital connection was only £50 last year?

I have checked and you want Tomtom Traffic and connectivity which is currently £55/Yr or £150 for 3 years, how did they arrive at £75/Year?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

V7 Firmware 3 years 7 months ago #5

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Unfortunately it’s the way of the digital era these days, Buy a product and get a limited period service, then after that period have to pay for ‘cloud’ based services.

So the Rlink2 has built in data connection that communicates with the renault cloud services after the initial period the connected services is a subscription based service falling in line with all other manufactures,

I’ve not renewed personally, I tend to use a smart phone with live mapping information which is a free service, unfortunately this doesn’t help you.

V7 Firmware 3 years 7 months ago #6

• Dave T
Well the Renault R-Link website says £75 for a year of map updates and £55 to switch the connected services back on for a further year, so an expensive business unless you really need the features, I might go for factory re-set as at least this will remove the spurious traffic disruptions, although this might leave me with maps from 2016, being as its a March 2017 car and the updates are at least a year out of date..!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds