Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

V7 Firmware 3 years 8 months ago #13

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
This is intended as an answer to Dave T's #3 ;-)
Hi. Don't they mix up different things? My Kadjar is also 3 years old and in May the three years free packages expired. Those were 1) map updates 2) Tomtom traffic 3) Connected services, that were originally called something else.
My Renault dealer made an update to R-link version 7 and at the same time re-started the Connected Services for another year. For free. So I can use live apps, but not the Tomtom Traffic or maps, without paying. For the maps there is an excellent, free alternative. I also use Waze through AA and there I have both updated maps and very accurate traffic information. But then my phone must be connected to the internet, of course.
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Karl. Reason: Additional info

V7 Firmware 3 years 8 months ago #14

• Dave T
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Karl, yes its complicated, my phone is an Honor 9 Lite with Android 9 and about 3 years old, but no facility for hard wire mirroring, maybe will feature in future software upgrade, but I'll have probably bought another phone that has it standard by then!

V7 Firmware 3 years 3 months ago #15

• Gamba777
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Robert, Do you know maybe whether is possible to upgrade R link 2 from unofficial version V3.3.x to official version of V7 software in Renault garage? Thank you Regards

V7 Firmware 3 years 3 months ago #16

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Yes it is possible. Just bare in mind that garage proceeds with right procedure otherwise you will have either half working problem or (if device in warranty) new and newer device with V9 software (as I have). And still CarPlay will not work in any way, but you will be able to install and run RS Monitor app (if you have DDT4ALL to tweak parameters). It is pretty cool gadget, I must say.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds