Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

V7 Firmware 3 years 8 months ago #7

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Well the Renault R-Link website says £75 for a year of map updates and £55 to switch the connected services back on for a further year, so an expensive business unless you really need the features, I might go for factory re-set as at least this will remove the spurious traffic disruptions, although this might leave me with maps from 2016, being as its a March 2017 car and the updates are at least a year out of date..!

I paid for trafic update myself 80e while I think I won't do it again next year, its kind of very accurate but I can use AA instead so why would I throw 80e for nothing, as for maps I would suggest you to update the one on forum for free as it's pretty easy and way better and most up to date

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V7 Firmware 3 years 8 months ago #8

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Digital services with TomTom live traffic! Are mandatory for us who use iPhone... it works perfectly while map update services is a waste of money.... I have Here2020Q2 installed on my R-Link2 and must say combination is awesome... works like a charm... If I wiill have an possibility to change a front USB panel with a latest one... I suppose CarPlay will also works.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Last edit: by Robertp.

V7 Firmware 3 years 8 months ago #9

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
did anyone try new 2020q2 Tomtom maps?

V7 Firmware 3 years 8 months ago #10

• Dave T
  • Thank you received: 0
Done a factory reset button job, this cleared the spurious traffic disruptions from the sat nav screen and I have managed to re-set everything to its pre-reset state, so now remains to activate AA for Waze etc, although my current Huawei phone does not support hard wire mirroring only bluetooth, so another phone also required..!

Last edit: by Dave T.

V7 Firmware 3 years 8 months ago #11

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Sure. Works like a charm.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

V7 Firmware 3 years 8 months ago #12

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Interesting to hear your Huawei phone doesn't (wire-) connect to AA. I have a 2 year's old Honor (produced by Huawei). It connects without problem. Can it have to do with which version of Android you run? Mine updated to Android 10, that even has AA built in (no app installation required, just connect a cable and up it pops).
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds