Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 7 months ago #1

• kenny009uk
  • kenny009uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi all

I got my my new kadjar last week and wanted to ask something about the miles left / range. The car was showing 50 miles and top up £10 which increased the range to 80. I then Parked the car and the range went up to 320.

I’ve got in the car this morning and the car was showing 200 miles left. I drove the car under 5 miles and the onboard computer then told me that the range was all dashes and the petrol light was red. Anyone had anything similar ? I’m not sure if it needs topped to the full as it’s a new motor or a faulty sensor ?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 7 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
This is your first Renault? Renault has a kind of unique calculating of range based on average consumption... so when you reset data in BC or you cross 9999 (km, miles) the everything resets... and you need to drive at least 1000 units (km, miles) to reach steady consumption. Then range will also be more accurate...
average consumption is calculated on fuel consumpt in specific mileage... example: if you have driven 5000 miles from last reset and you have economy 50MPG then driving last 200 miles with 55MPG will not affect in 55MPG but maybe in 50,5 MPG. And range is calculated on this basis.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 7 months ago #3

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I have stopped trusting the range indicator as it calculates based on the current fuel consumption. So if you're in town in traffic it will show a lot less than if you're on an open road and cruising at 50 mph.
The fuel gauge is also not very accurate as it's based on bars of about an 8th of the tank.
I follow the rule that once i have less than 2 bars showing on the gauge, it's time to fill up.
I keep the mpg indicator showing on the dash as that seems to be the most accurate.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenny009uk

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 7 months ago #4

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I'm the same as Terry. When I have 1 or 2 bars showing I go and fill up. Never trust the range, it's useless, if the light comes on then the range is obsolete anyway. I drive either with current or mpg showing. The current helps you drive more economically whether you are that way inclined or not.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenny009uk

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 7 months ago #5

• kenny009uk
  • kenny009uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

This is your first Renault? Renault has a kind of unique calculating of range based on average consumption... so when you reset data in BC or you cross 9999 (km, miles) the everything resets... and you need to drive at least 1000 units (km, miles) to reach steady consumption. Then range will also be more accurate...
average consumption is calculated on fuel consumpt in specific mileage... example: if you have driven 5000 miles from last reset and you have economy 50MPG then driving last 200 miles with 55MPG will not affect in 55MPG but maybe in 50,5 MPG. And range is calculated on this basis.

Thanks for this . Its only done 600 miles. Ill top it up tomorrow and keep my eye on it.

Fuel tank / mile range 3 years 7 months ago #6

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Well, I always reset daily trip counter on fuel filling. I also fill to the top (65l capacity) So based in my knowledge I fill up when I pass 900 km with current filling.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds