Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Next car ordered! 3 years 6 months ago #7

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Well Capture is realy nice looking car, but to pay almost the same price as for Kadjar in best trim is a bit overpriced... Captur is after all a size smaller as Kadjar... to pay 30k€ for Paris Initiale and some extra things comparing to 32k€ for Kadjar Bose 4WD... and Capture is even not available with 4WD...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Next car ordered! 3 years 6 months ago #8

• PatWar
  • PatWar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I have the top spec available in the UK, which according to the configurator would have cost approx £24,500! I on the other hand went down the Mobility route and it cost £195. It is smaller that's true, especially on the inside, and it doesn't have 4WD but I don't need it. Our winters are not as extreme as in central Europe. What I have noticed is that the 17 inch tyres are a lot more comfortable. I've just been down to the hand wash with the Kadjar to get it valeted before being picked up on Tuesday. Looking outside from my front window the two cars sat outside look bloody great. From a personal point of view the Kadjar was/is a fantastic car: it looks good, drives good and it has never put a foot wrong. `Having said that the Captur is great, I would thoroughly recommend and seeing as my wife is very happy I am happy.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Next car ordered! 3 years 6 months ago #9

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I agree completely that Capture looks bloody good. But Paris Initiale 150 EDC with panorama is way to expensive.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Next car ordered! 3 years 5 months ago #10

• PatWar
  • PatWar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
First impressions after a week. I must say that the only thing that needs getting used to is the size inside. It is noticeably smaller than the Kadjar and seeing as I am over 6 foot tall and over 100 kg I have to keep remembering to lower my head when getting in. Once in and comfortable all cars are the same I suppose. The size is perfect for my wife so I suppose it is something that I will soon get used to. Anybody who needs space (for passengers or for carrying stuff) would need to look elsewhere. I'm mostly on my own and the only thing I need to carry is my wife's wheelchair (and that very rarely). So that is my personal niggle over and done with. Otherwise I can't think of anything to moan about. It drives like a dream, plenty of power, it's still very new and everything is tight as a drum if you know what I mean. Gearbox great, steering direct, pedal response perfect. The seats are the best ones I've found in a Renault, so extremely comfortable. I must add that I have the 1300 TCE130 (240 NM Torque) so it is more powerful than the Kadjar I have got rid of. I wouldn't want to try the 1 litre 3 cylinder version as I won't be using Eco mode in this one seeing as I'm getting 42.5 mpg constant. More, I might add, than virtually any car I have owned, so I am well pleased. Next thing is of course is my impressions of the EasyLink 9.3 inch: As different as night and day to the RLink2, this one works without a hitch, no lag, pretty fast and the screen is superb. It is positioned high and turned slightly towards the driver. Needless to say Android Auto works perfectly and also the handsfree calls work good too (the microphone is immediately above the driver's head so no shouting to be heard). I would definitely recommend this car with the proviso that I am talking about the S-Edition spec and the TCE130. I can't speak for the other versions. Can't think of anything else at the moment but if I do I will post later.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634, AOne

Next car ordered! 3 years 5 months ago #11

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
The Ball and Chain has suggested that she is going to revisit the idea of getting another Captur next year. Looked at the car in March and was going to buy but then LockDown happened and it got forgotten about.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds