Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 5 years 2 months ago #13

• Jerzy
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi darenh,

Would you be able to describe how you have installed  reversing camera?
Kadjar 1.2 Tce, Dynamique Nav 2015, R-link updated to 3.3, Android Auto activated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting a reversing camera 5 years 1 month ago #14

• jnhennessy
  • Thank you received: 2
I would also be interested in seeing how darenh did this.

I've updated RLink form version 2 to 3.3 and managed to activate reversing camera in developer mode. Instructions here

If the wiring loom goes to the back tailgate it would save a lot of hassle. Then it would only be a matter of finding the video in cable and connecting a generic 12v camera to the reversing light feed. When reverse is selected it would power up the camera and send a video feed to the Rlink. Is anyone aware if the wiring loom goes all the way back and if so where would it be located?

If not a tutorial on how to remove the Rlink and locate the correct pins to connect a camera would be great.
(BTW is an authorization code required for the Rlink if the power is removed?)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Fitting a reversing camera 5 years 1 month ago #15

• Jerzy
  • Thank you received: 3
I have found this 3 pictures of Kadjar with prewired tailgate on one of the French forums.
They say that camera should be 6 Volt.
Picture with tailgate In red square you have prewired connection for camera,
Picture with plug and red square you have empty space for camera wires.

Camera part number: 284427832R

Kadjar 1.2 Tce, Dynamique Nav 2015, R-link updated to 3.3, Android Auto activated

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mill

Last edit: by Jerzy.

Fitting a reversing camera 5 years 1 month ago #16

• jnhennessy
Brilliant Jerzy . I think I've found the article on one of the French forums here LINK ON FRENCH FORUM REPORTED AS FAKE

Also I think I found a supplier LINK REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR AS REPORTED AS FAKE

When I'm ready I might try a 12V camera first and feed it off the reversing lights and just send the video feed back to the Rlink via the existing wiring to see if it works.

Many Thanks

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Fitting a reversing camera 5 years 1 month ago #17

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Yes the camera needs to be 6v as there is 6v feed to the tailgate. 
Installing a 12v feed will work but it’s got to be a permanent feed, 2 reasons for this
1. Taking the reverse feed drops the power off while the camera is still in the display, it stays on for a few seconds. The loss of power brings up a fault  warning on the display.
2. There is an interaction with the rlink when the camera is supplied  with 12volts, from an other source. It’s more of an decoupling effect, and produces lines and interference on the picture.

The connections are presented in the tail gate at a multi way connector see pictures if I can find them below.

so looking at the connector, from left to right, black , yellow , black , red

black video ground
yellow video in
black 0v or neg
reg 5 to +6 volts or positive 6v

The power supply comes direct from the rlink, it’s probably 5.1v under as per USB and computer type functionality.

It is not fuse protected but withstands a certain amount of abuse.

Of course the rlink Rev camera needs to activated using Clip or similar tool/Dev mode.

Any questions I’ll try and answer!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Fitting a reversing camera 5 years 1 month ago #18

• jnhennessy
Thanks for the detailed reply darenh

The reason I'm asking about a 12V camera is I got one two years ago for a Dacia Duster but never fitted it. I could probably pick up a permanent feed from the rear aux socket and run it under the back seat, through the boot, and up into the tailgate or alternatively pick up a 12v feed from one of the rear interior lights. I'll do a test first before demolishing anything!!!! and if I have to get a 6v camera so be it.

You're color codes on the connector confirm what was said on the French forum which is good news. Any Motor Factors should have connectors that enable two wires to be parallel joined together which would be easier when connecting.

Did you find it easy to remove the main trim on the rear of the tailgate to access the connector? This will probably be my first step to confirm that the connector is there and then do a test to see if everything works before installing anything permanently. 

Rlink Reversing Camera activated via developer mode which then displayed options on the parking assist screen. (It's a shame that it's missing an image....!!!!)

I hope to take the first few steps in the coming weeks and will report progress....or lack of.....!!!!

Again many thanks for all the help.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds