Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #139

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
If I remember correctly there is a permanent 6v supply to the tailgate when the ignition is on. This is supplied directly from the rlink2.
The camera requires power while the car is running in order for the Rlink2 to see the camera signal, over wise it’ll bring up a fault on the screen.

Check you have the right wires that you are connected to and the connections, joints, plugs sockets are all sound and connecting correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #140

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27

AD1. I did. Even modified values to alighn perfectly to bumper. Values are described in posts...
AD2. Suppose to enter values trough DDT4all
AD3. I bought WiFi modul on Amazon, costed me 15€ or something. Works perfectly.

Hi, are these values described in a separate post as I can’t find them anywhere in this thread?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #141

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Yes the values are in the Rlink2 v2 to V3 thread, you may have to hunt them down unless someone knows which page they are on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fixer

Re:Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #142

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

AD1. I did. Even modified values to alighn perfectly to bumper. Values are described in posts...
AD2. Suppose to enter values trough DDT4all
AD3. I bought WiFi modul on Amazon, costed me 15€ or something. Works perfectly.

Hi, are these values described in a separate post as I can’t find them anywhere in this thread?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See if this link has the info you require - HERE
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: fixer

Re:Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #143

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Kadliiik has kindly provided an English version of the Reversing Camera retro installation Manual HERE
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #144

• trampek
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok, guys.. need some advice here.

I can see the four wires going into the plug (see attached image) but I don't have a multimeter. What's the risk they are not connected to the R-Link on the other end?

Assuming everything is ok, can you show me a link to the pins that can be used to insert in the white male socket? I have 2.5mm wires but I don't know the size of the pins to crimp to the wire.

Would also appreciate if you can link to a micro molex that fits the black camera socket (as seen in the attached image). When browsing several websites, I see there are different sizes of the 4-pin micro molex plugs.

Perhaps the best way would be to cut the wires by the white plug and black camera socket and connect them using extension wire and any 4-pin connectors on both ends?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds