Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 1 month ago #7

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Rishisood!

I hadn't forgotten! I typed up a full response a couple of days ago but the site would not let me post it! ANNOYING!

It was a painful experience! It went in on Monday for a diagnostic, even though I already had the fault codes for them. :neutral: That cost £144!

They came back to me and said that a turbo pipe had blocked up. I've done some more digging on this and there are quite a few people with Renault's on other forums that have had similar warning messages and later found out it was a blocked turbo pipe.

Unfortunately, because I have the 2016 model my warranty is well gone. The pipe cost £505. I asked why this had happened and they couldn't really offer a response. I do a lot of motorway miles along with the occasional trip around town. They said that it is something that just goes on these engines and that it can be caused by using poor quality diesels! I admit I am a frequent visitor of an Asda petrol station but have also worked in the industry for Esso and I am fully aware of where both companies get their diesel from and there is very little difference, if any!

Moral of the story is a blocked turbo pipe. I guess in the grand scheme of things it could have been worse but it was still painful. It still looks like I might have to change the glow plugs at some point but the engine is running fine so they said to wait until there is a noticeable difference before getting them replaced. They did say that they normally advise customers around the 5 year mark to get them replaced but after all the problems I have had with the car, I might not be in possession of it at that point!

Hope this helps! Keep me updated on yours!

Luke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 1 month ago #8

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Sorry to hear about your erxpensive repair.

2 things, I'm curious about the length and Diameter of the pipe and what it is made of?
Secondly, you say that you posted a long response, which I guess you don't have a copy of, how long was it as I want to establish why it did not post?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 1 month ago #9

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Just checked the Logs and it would seem you tried posting on 15/02/21 at 14.40hrs and also at 16.01hrs which caused a Fatal Error.
Did you cut pand paste your post or type directly into the Forum?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 1 month ago #10

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Duracel3634,

I did copy and paste. It was a larger box on my phone so I wrote it up first and then tried pasting it in! So maybe I've caused the problem!

I'm not sure on the diameter of the pipe. I'll give the garage a call or have a look at my documents and get back to you!

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 1 month ago #11

• rishisood
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi LukieHughes,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detailed response. Sorry that your repair was so costly. Like you, my warranty also lapsed last September. I did consider taking out extended warranty at the time but decided against it since the car gave me no trouble at all in the 3.5 years I had owned it. Should have probably taken it in hindsight, as I think it only costs £300 or so for the year.

Anyway, I've tried DPF regeneration by taking the car on a dual carriageway for a good 50 mile run, but unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue. The car felt normal to drive - no issues whatsoever while accelerating etc.

Wary of the main dealership prices, I was looking for independent Renault experts in my local area. Came across these guys on the internet, who have received consistently great customer reviews.

https://twotechs.co.uk/

They have quoted me £60 plus VAT for diagnostics (and they use Renault's CLIP diagnostics equipment). The car is booked in for 3rd March. Hoping it’s not a major fault and not too costly to repair.

I'll keep you posted after my visit!

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 1 month ago #12

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Hi Duracel3634,

I did copy and paste. It was a larger box on my phone so I wrote it up first and then tried pasting it in! So maybe I've caused the problem!

I'm not sure on the diameter of the pipe. I'll give the garage a call or have a look at my documents and get back to you!

If you still have a copy of the information you were trying to paste, email it to me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will post it for you.
The reason I ask about the dimensions of the pipe is that I had a similar issue with my works van, which happens to have a Renault engine although bigger than yours, and you do not want to know how much that costs!!!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds