Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Strange sound I can't identify 2 years 5 months ago #1

• davek1979
  • davek1979's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, I'm David and I'm new around here. Got my 2016 Kadjar about 4 months ago.

Today I was driving downhill when a strange sound went off inside the vehicle. It was a continuous loud sound. I stopped the car, engine running, from what I could gather it was coming from inside the vehicle, it wasn't very loud when standing outside and it seemed to be coming from underneath the driver's seat so probably not a car alarm. It only stopped when I switched off the engine. I didn't notice any warning lights anywhere, no warning messages either... On restart the sound was not there nor was it repeated within my very short journey home.
Some context that may or may not be relevant:
1, a few weeks ago I found my passenger side mirror bent and the mirror ready to fall off. I pushed everything back in place. Read somewhere there may be some sensors housed there.
2, yesterday while stepping out I closed the door and didn't realise the belt was hanging out. I bent the door frame and the door closed sensor was not being triggered anymore, I wrapped some tissue around the rubber to be able to lock the car.
Not sure if these are relevant but felt like mentioning it.

Can anyone shed some light on this mystery please? :-)

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strange sound I can't identify 2 years 4 months ago #2

• andywilliams1187
  • Thank you received: 1
What kind of noise was it mate? Was it an alarm (e.g. electrical) or could it be something else such as the undertray catching?

Ive been through two engine trays on mine due to the mrs going over speedbumps to quickly. The first time it happened i thought the car would explode from the noise it was making - turned out it was just the tray dragging. 

Strange sound I can't identify 2 years 4 months ago #3

• davek1979
  • davek1979's Avatar Topic Author
It sounded like an alarm kind of sound (hard to identify where from, as I said it "felt" like it was coming from underneath the car). I checked, it wasn't the engine tray.

Strange sound I can't identify 6 months 3 weeks ago #4

• HerbieK
I have a 2015 Kadjar diesel and today I had a similar experience. It sounded like an electronic tone generator and was continuous and very annoying. It was definitely inside the car. Shortly before the continuous tone began, the car began making a short "poink" every couple of minutes. It was coming through the sound system, even with the radio off.

After a couple of minutes, I turned off the ignition but the continuous tone continued. I got out of the car and walked away and when I locked it, it stopped. When I reapproached the car, it started up again.

After about 20 minutes I stopped, put the car in reverse, and the sound stopped. I think my car might be possessed!

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds