Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kadjar Injectors 2 years 3 months ago #1

• Brummie
  • Brummie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
My Vehicle is 2016 Signature S Nav dCi 110 Auto EDC - Diesel.  Done about 22k miles. Since last year or so, Dashboard kept showing various warning messages such as Check Start/Stop, Check Hill Start assist etc intermittently but at frequent intervals.  Once OBD reader came up with P0202.  Local garage didn't want to mess up with electrics, so they swapped  injectors 2 and 3.  Cleared errors.  Since then I didn't see multiple messages, but got a new one 'Engine failure hazard'.  This too disappeared when this sequence of actions were done - run the car for 10-15 minutes, switch off the engine, start again and always keep Start/Stop disabled.

Last week, had a longer journey about 100 + 100 miles.  While going there were no issues except just once it kind of buckled for few seconds as if it was powerless when trying to go from 40mph - 70mph quickly.  But during the return journey enabled Stop/Start.  It did what it was supposed to do while waiting at the traffic.  But after about 4th stop/start, dashboard started screaming with lots and lots of usual warnings and the car was limping heavily.

Try to clear with OBD didn't work but it read P0203.  Only choice I have now is to try and replace one of those injector, even though it has done only 22k miles since bought new.  Are there any other recommendations? 

Can injectors be bought online or should it be ordered through dealers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Kadjar Injectors 2 years 3 months ago #2

• jokso
  • Thank you received: 3
I recommend you take it to authorised dealer service. Why?
Because of situation I had with my old car Citroen c4, that was maintained in local garage who did a good job with usual stuff.
But then some faults appeared, obd said it was map sensor so I bought new one. After some time again, another map sensor bought. Then fuse box malfunctioned and had to be replaced. Over 300 euros in parts total. Again something happened, can't remember what but this time I took it to authorised dealer service. And guess what, they found out it was wiring problem. After 3 days they located faulty wires and repaired it, installed new software too. Charged me 85 euros total. The wiring problem was killing my parts and would continue to do so.

If only I did that in the first place...

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brummie

Kadjar Injectors 2 years 3 months ago #3

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
With this age think about new battery… Mine is 2016/1 (manufactured in 2015/12 and delivered just before New Year) and I haveto change battery in 2020, February. Starting with S&S system not working properly, parking brake error… then went to long trip (800km in one way) and systems worked properly… a week after in garage just all lights went out, error on error (parking brake, ABS, ESP, polution…) and no start. All errors went off with new battery.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Kadjar Injectors 2 years 3 months ago #4

• Brummie
Battery is perfect.  Even had a free winter check at Halfords and battery was spot on.

Kadjar Injectors 2 years 2 months ago #5

• Brummie
Update:

Replaced injector through local garage and it is back on its feet.  Loving it.  Total Cost £380+.  But I am glad I can now rely on it without the fear of being stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds