Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wing mirrors stuck 2 years 4 months ago #1

• Lindser
  • Lindser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Wing mirrors have always been sporadically a bit sticky, but now they’re just stuck open. They won’t retract no matter how many times I press the button. Any ideas what’s wrong? I’ve read about spraying silicone but where would I actually spray it? Can they be pushed in by hand? Scared in case I break something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lindser.

Wing mirrors stuck 2 years 4 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Start the engine and spray on all the gaps between the folding part and the body of the door. Help it by hand when folding and unfolding the first few times (you need a friend to help you on the far side mirror). Use a paper towel to not let the silicone drop down the paint as it's really hard to be removed. Pay attention not to spray on the glasses. 5 minutes later you'll have to working mirrors. You'll have to repeat every 3-4 months, depending on the season.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lindser

Last edit: by AOne.

Wing mirrors stuck 1 year 9 months ago #3

• Fenlli
  • Thank you received: 6
yes, I agree withAOne. I had the same issue - used a silicone-based spray and then waggled the wind mirrors backwards and forwards several times to help it coat/lubricate as much as possible.  Worked, though the motor did continue to sound a bit grounchy when operating the mirrors.  Worst in winter for sticking I found...

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds