Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Replacing standard (manual) rearview mirror with auto-dimming one 2 years 1 month ago #1

• Pavlovic
  • Pavlovic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey everyone,

Is it possible to change standard interior rearview mirror with auto-dimming one?
I want to upgrade it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

September 2016 1.2 TCe 130 EDC - Alpine white
Zen Energy with upgraded rearview camera

R-Link v.9.0.35.416 [Build: 5689] with activated Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
(upgraded from radio/bluetooth to R-Link multimedia of phase 2 Kadjar)

Maps: HERE 2022Q2 & TomTom 2018.12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replacing standard (manual) rearview mirror with auto-dimming one 2 years 1 month ago #2

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Yes it certainly is, I don’t know if the wiring would be there to plug in, something you may need to check before an OE mirror was obtained.

I changed mine with an auto dimming mirror with built in screen, before the days when I discovered how to plumb a reverse camera in to the Rlink2.

I used one from AliExpress were I could choose the correct bracket to suit what was there already, it came wit a loom to run down to the footwell to pick up power and connect video, it’s still in now and I use it for birds eye camera system, with side road views when the indicators are activated.

Replacing standard (manual) rearview mirror with auto-dimming one 2 years 1 month ago #3

• Pavlovic
  • Pavlovic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks!

Auto-dimming mirror for sure has at least 2 pins inside connector in order to power optical sensor.
Main question is if my Kadjar (2016 ZEN Energy) has that connector to plug it into or not?

I'll check it out, and if it does I intend to upgrade it and then create tutorial for others.

September 2016 1.2 TCe 130 EDC - Alpine white
Zen Energy with upgraded rearview camera

R-Link v.9.0.35.416 [Build: 5689] with activated Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
(upgraded from radio/bluetooth to R-Link multimedia of phase 2 Kadjar)

Maps: HERE 2022Q2 & TomTom 2018.12

Replacing standard (manual) rearview mirror with auto-dimming one 2 years 1 month ago #4

• filiplolic
  • Thank you received: 4
I replaced standard with the auto dimming mirror on my car. Bought used one on ebay (part no. 96321ZH30A). That's Nissan p/n, but it is direct fit to Kadjar.
There is no wiring present on my car, I had to pull +12V wire from the fuse box to the mirror. Ground is easy, you can take it from the chassis under the cabin lights panel.
2015. Kadjar xmod 4WD 1.6dci130

Replacing standard (manual) rearview mirror with auto-dimming one 2 years 1 month ago #5

• notorni
  • Thank you received: 0
I ordered from AliExpress and it was a direct fit and the car had wiring for it so easy to swap out. You just take photos of the current mount so the seller send the right one out to you. Quality is good, working for 1,5 years with no issues.

Replacing standard (manual) rearview mirror with auto-dimming one 2 years 3 weeks ago #6

• jjlp
  • Thank you received: 0

I ordered from AliExpress and it was a direct fit and the car had wiring for it so easy to swap out. You just take photos of the current mount so the seller send the right one out to you. Quality is good, working for 1,5 years with no issues.

hello, do you have a link?
i have a kadjar 1.5 2016 zen energy as Well and would like to replace also

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds