Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Check injection warning 2 years 2 months ago #1

• rennierenault
  • rennierenault's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have had this come up intermittently for a while now garage has checked it and changed ‘something’ think it was one of the injectors and cleaned all the lines etc but it’s still there -anyone else had this and any ideas? My garage seems to be running out of ideas to fix it and I don’t really want to be ripped off by a Renault dealer 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check injection warning 2 years 2 months ago #2

• Brummie
  • Thank you received: 7
By any chance have you been using cheaper super market fuel for some time? Any way I have had this issue for a number of months and they are gone now after I replaced the injectors.  However before you do so, you try one of the many injector cleaners such as STP or one of the Hydra products.

Any way, these days I am regularly using Hydra Maximus and find it to be very good on the engine.

Check injection warning 2 years 3 weeks ago #3

• stooboy
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello im new here but registering as ive found it usefull,

for me the check injection light was intermitent and i bought an OBDII diagnostic tool from amazon the english error was called pressure upstream of turbine, this is a sensor on the top of the engine and the tube that connect is gets blocked with carbon and soot over time, my kadjar is 6 years old with 60k miles on it and this was what was happening, there are videos on youtube that show that it can be unblocked with a bike wire but this didnt work for me, im looking into getting the pipe replaced PN 223211870R but its not a straight forward job and had lots of wild quotes.  other than that car runs fine.  

I would say check injection is a generic code for a lot of things so need the root cause code to be more usefull.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brummie

Check injection warning 1 year 7 months ago #4

• kloppistheman
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all. I got the Check injectors message on my Kadjar 1.5 dci on 15/09/2022 after I Googled it came up with injectors may need cleaning to injectors may need replacing. Before I could do anything also got Check anti pollution system message. So now I’m thinking this is going to cost me big time. Anyway I saw someone say try STP addictive. So I had half a tank of supermarket fuel I went to Halfords for the STP and then topped up with Shell diesel. Friday I went on a 60 mile round trip. After a couple of miles the Check injectors message disappeared. Still had the anti pollution system message however Saturday go to Asda message still there but when I came out and restart the car the engine block symbol was gone the spanner symbol was gone and the message was gone. After another 60 odd miles the dashboard remains clear so, for £13.50 it’s well worth trying the STP addictive. Sorry if this seems a bit of a ramble it’s my first post.

Check injection warning 1 year 7 months ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I would suggest bad battery. After the ride it got charged. If it pops up again tomorrow, that's your issue ;)
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds