Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #1

• Roxy1234
  • Roxy1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Was over in France air con not working to well,ambient temp coming out of near side vents. Rang dealer booked it in 20 days ago, went there today at 9.45 booked in for 10. Lady said it needs recharging as it’s 2 years old but they will look at it anyway when they can so come back at 4pm.. Told her it’s booked in at 10 but was told the fitters are busy, All they want is your money not interested in a warranty problem , had my keys back and walked back out... Told them going to contact Renault UK they are a joke.... Wessex  Renault Newport service very poor...To interested in selling new cars with 68 reg coming up in a few days.Had a Honda CR-V air con was so cold to the point of painful on your feet  was 8 yr old when we sold it. This thing is 2 yr old  and it’s pants... love the car but I hope this is not the start of many more problems to come...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
the bane of the car industry i am afraid some are good some bad, however in Renault's case it looks like more bad.

mine is in for service next week, i usually get the car picked up but have to take it this time, something about the driver has a broken leg. now you tell me, a main dealer hasn't made arrangements to get temp staff in to cover,,, bad dealer ? 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I really don't get this recharging the Air Con, the RX4 we had previously was 14 years old and never had it recharged could be an enviromental thing and the chemicals being used breaking down breaking down after a period of time?
Personally I think thing they change fluids as part of the service, why not recharge the gas as part of the service!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #4

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I will put this way... first about your RX4... You are living far on north, I assume you do not use AC often... And you do not have periods when temperature is constantly above 35 Celsius during the day... In that occasion you soon find out that AC does not work efficiently... As long as you have rubber hoses in your system you have constant presence of loosing cooling media. In maintenance plan is servicing AC on every 3 years (meaning recycling AC coolant, oiling of system, replacing vanished coolant...). So your garage doesn't do the job then... 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #5

• Roxy1234
  • Roxy1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
For me it’s was a case of their attitude I have paid for a service plan that does not cover the air con even though it’s a 2 year service. Without even looking at the car the first thing was it’s 2 yrs old so it needs servicing.. All booked in at a time then to be told come back at 4pm,no offer of a loan car all there are interested in is 68 reg... I had a crv with a 5 yr service plan that I never got to use because of miss information from a dealer, but the car had a cracked pipe that was allowing gasses in to car.The car was just out of warranty but the dealer covered all parts I paid labour and a free loan car... It was a stressful time for us as my mother was in hospital and passed away while the car was in for repair. So I have to say Cardiff Honda could teach this dealer a thing or two. It’s all about money and customer service is last...

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #6

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I don't understand their attitude, having in mind, all the repairs under warranty are covered by Renault (the dealer is just a franchiser), so they'll get all their money. Who runs away from a paid job?? My dealer does everything I want him to replace or repair, even sometimes doesn't even look at the problem and orders the parts straight on... (this doesn't mean I'm always satisfied, cause they're not the best mechanics in the world :D )
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds