Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #13

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18

I ordered my new build Kadjar in December 2017 and collected it mid March 2018. I assumed that, having order the car when I did, that I would still benefit from the 3 year Renault warranty, as I ordered the vehicle prior to the reduction of cover to 2 years.
I was assured by the dealer that this is the case. After collecting the car, I noticed my warranty period was for 2 years, not three. When I complained to the dealer he said "Oh yes, you aren't the only customer we sold a Kadjar to prior to the warranty reduction date with this problem - don't worry, we'll sort it".
I haven't heard anything since. Seems it is a case of sell a car then forget about the customer.
Anybody else find themselves in this situation?

Have you looked on line at the "My Renault" pages? When I bought my Kadjar used, I was concerned to check what the warranty was.  The car was registered in Sept 2017, and without scrolling down, it looked like the warranty was three years, but when I scrolled, there was an additional year showing under "Extended Warranty"
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #14

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
Today I have taken my car in for service at the RenaultDealership in Stourbridge. This was its second service my first service last
year was collected by Sutton and delivered back when it was done. There was a
few niggles, the car wasn’t washed, dirty hands on the steering wheel needed
cleaning off, minor but annoying. Main dealer servicing is preserved to be the best but, notall dealers are the same. I have been to many dealerships and I have watched as
standards have dropped. Take today, I was told when I rang up to make the appointment
, they couldn’t pick the car up as the driver was unavailable, this was nearly
three weeks into the future. I accepted I would have to take the car and asked
how long the B service would take, I was told aprox 1 hour but it all so had a
recall for software upgrade this could add up to 30 mins. Anyways, car delivered at the time expected where I wasdirected to the waiting zone, a table and 4 chairs, a TV pumping out Renault
adverts one after the other, mind numbing. I was kept waiting  2 and 1/2  hours, now it’s not the waiting about but a
little communication would be nice, it’s not the video of my car being looked
at, however boring that was it did dispel the tedium for 4 mins. Why not do the
video and get on with doing the job? Just a thought. The boredom continued, 3
cars to look at all rubbish no car mags no broachers no coffee machine no water
I wasn’t even offered a drink, I did see cups moving around the staff, but none
for customers.   Overall my experience of Renault Stourbridge was totalrubbish, boring and dry, might I recommend a water cooler or vending machine
and something more than Renault Adverts.
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #15

• bulldog
  • Thank you received: 2
With regards to my previous post about having a reduced warranty period despite ordering my Kadjar before the Warranty period reduction date:

Thanks to Guzzilazz's reply, I did what he suggested and went to MyRenault. Sure enough, it shows I have 36 months warranty, plus a 12 month extended warranty, total 4 years.
That is good news. Strange that I find this out through a Forum member, and not my dealership. Or not so strange reading other members' experiences with their Renault dealers!
Signature Nav 1.6Tce Titanium Grey. 18 Reg. Side steps, Park assist, Window auto close, Electric Tailgate, Bonnet gas struts, Front/Rear Dashcam

Dealer attitude 5 years 7 months ago #16

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
glad to hear we could help
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds