Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 6 months ago #1

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Yes, that is cynical, but buyers of early Kadjars were hard done by.  Really don't understand why I'm even considering another but I like Renaults and inspite of the crap support there may still be hope that a better car is around the corner, IS THERE?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 6 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
What do you have in mind with 'working'? 
If you have in mind R-Link2 device I think that knowledge how to enter inside device can bring us a lot of improvements... as I read guys in Germany enabled even AAC (on cars with EABS - radar present)... so you will customize central devices according your needs. 
If you have in mind things from Japan relationship I have to tell you that even premium Koleos has stupidity inherits from X-trail...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 6 months ago #3

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
IMHO, compared with my previous car (Captur) the Kadjar is a peach.  The Captur just had a real bit of a "still in development" feel about it, even though mine was a 17 plate.  I would never buy a brand new car (plenty of <1 yr and <10k miles available) and I prefer to buy at the end of a model run than at the beginning...

The big thing though is that the Renault dealer network is extremely "variable", more so than the likes of Ford.  I don't expect Merc/BMW/Volvo attention to detail, but I do expect professionalism.  I now travel 17 miles for service rather than 2...   Renault really need to drag some of these outfits into the 21st Century
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 6 months ago #4

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

What do you have in mind with 'working'? 
If you have in mind R-Link2 device I think that knowledge how to enter inside device can bring us a lot of improvements... as I read guys in Germany enabled even AAC (on cars with EABS - radar present)... so you will customize central devices according your needs. 
If you have in mind things from Japan relationship I have to tell you that even premium Koleos has stupidity inherits from X-trail...

Robert, the Kadjar didn't inherit much rubbish from the qashqai, it just didn't dump enough Nissan in favour of the way Renault "used" to do it, ie there cars were much more refined. I'm looking at the Koleos at present, having got the kadjar I fully expect the Koleos to be more Nissan than renault as we know them of old. I went from a megane est, fantastic and reliable car owned for 7 years, to the QQ, it was a culture shock. I mistakenly thought renault had used the chassis and mechanicals but all else was new. That's how they marketed it in fact, "underneath it's the same but all you see is new"

I have an appointment to try the Koleos tomorrow as it happens so haven't given up on Renault, but am very wary of getting only a part developed car again.

I don't care if folks have found ways to mod rlink to get it to work, most owners, me included, expect renault to supply cars that work from the showroom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robertp

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 6 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Turboted (or just simpy Ted)

I drowe Koleos in Initiale Paris dCi 175 4WD CVT and must say, yes it is bomber, an imposant figure on the road, but that is all. Again in present generation power window switches are backlited as in present Kadjar - none. Switches for drive mode somewhere below on dash on left side like in X-trail. No AAC, DW, Multisense... like in Kadjar... from my opinion Koleos in present is pretty much same situation as Kadjar. Need to wait to be refreshed since then will change Nissan solutions with pure Renault...
I just find out that is not worth to spend money in swapping with my Kadjar with Koleos... yes it has more powefull engine but is heavyer.... only thing I realy miss is automatic gearbox with 4WD in Kadjar. All other things I ether improve or does not me bother that much.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, turboted10

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 6 months ago #6

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Sound reply Robert,

I seem to be in a void, the present Renault(s) aren't renaults, and the nissan underpinning is flawed.

Much more talking to do with folks before I spend again.

Merc GLA?, others? on price and spec are trodden underfoot?

Dealer says they have a top spec KJ and similar KL on test. We have my KJ and wifes Clio in tomorrow for service and repair so booked to try both. Incidentally, Clio's, (65plte),  RLInk has said bon voyage and is no more. 

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds