Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 5 months ago #19

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Yea, got the same email a couple of days ago. It's a bit too early for me to do anything concrete about it just yet. Let me know if you get more info. Ta.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 2 weeks ago #20

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Well, had my second service yesterday and took the opportunity to look over the "new" Kadjar that was taking pride of place in the showroom window. Must say I was rather underwhelmed. It is, as Ted remarked, a case of "embroidering the frock". The inside hasn't been changed at all, except for the top of the range GT-Line, and then not much. Slightly different RLink screen, different heater controls, but apart from that, nowt. Outside the main changes are Shark's Fin Aerial, and a more pronounced front and back Splitter. In the top two specs these are coloured. Oh yes, almost forgot, a square surround to the fog lamps. Renault have missed a trick here, in my opinion, they could have put in the larger portrait screen from the Megane and god knows what else. A lazy effort. A couple of weeks ago Auto Express had the new Kadjar in a three-way test against the Pug 3008 and the new Skoda something or other (begins with a K). It came third, being praised for comfort and the new 1300 engine, but slated for its Infotainment (RLink2, surprise surprise). 7 inch screens don't cut the mustard these days. As much as I like my Kadjar, It wouldn't take much to tempt me away. I find this very disappointing, I'm on my fourth new Renault on the trot, the jury's out on whether I'll make it five. As to my service, no mention of any updates (others had been offered updates to version 7), no problems found, all green apart from my two front tyres (double the wear of the rears) which were highlighted amber. Oh well ...

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 2 weeks ago #21

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
PatWar - Your on V3 of the software aren't you, if so did they reference at all?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 2 weeks ago #22

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Not a word. I didn't want to mention it either. The dealer is doing what he needs to and no more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 2 weeks ago #23

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
To be honest I'm not even going to take a look at it, the pictures were enough for me to realise it's dropping behind the others.
I can't fault the reliability or comfort, but economy is average and for me 3 years with any car will be enough, it just isn't different enough to warrant getting another.
It is different to other Renaults, we have had numerous clios, meganes, and estates over the last 20 years all pretty much fault free so I can't knock the brand, it's just that the Kadjar is too much Nissan influenced and the Japanese do prioritise other things than the typical Renault quirks and flourishes that we've enjoyed

Any clear indication of a new and hopefully fully working Kadjar yet? 5 years 2 weeks ago #24

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Reading through the topic as I do, I’ll chuck my 2 pennies in if I may.
I was doing some work at a dealship up north, and they had a Gtline on the forecourt open so had a look around and compared like for like.
I did a mini review on the fb site and find the the changes in keeping with the things that have been missed on the previous version.
A few, seat leg support, sliding armrest, illuminated door switches, rear bumper styling, more front chrome, integrated indicators/DRLs, usbs in the rear, rear ventilation, new flat rlink screen, new fuel flap, shark fin (not bothered) etc etc..
For me it an improvement, I don’t think I’ve been
Sold sort with my 16 plate still love it, still get a buzz from it whether walking upto it or driving it.

Would I get another, no, for the simple reason I’ve had one there’s a lot to choose from out there I don’t even know if I would get another suv type vehicle.

We also have a Toyota CHR which is a brilliant car, still not without its niggles.

One other, I drove an Audi last week, bosses car, didn’t like it at all unimpressed, cramped driving position, undescript.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds