Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar alternative 5 years 4 months ago #25

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Look, we are all looking for something different in our cars, not every aspect of a car will be perfect for everyone and I include actual purchases here.

I had a megane sports tourer for over 7 years, it was pretty faultless in all that time and I think if I scored every aspect of that car against all the cars I've owned, it would come out in top position. I include the Kadjar here. I could actually lay my fishing gear, over 6' 6" long straight down the car with the rear seats down.

However I looked at the megane ST before I got the Kadjar, it was just facelifted/revamped. But time moves on and having got older and had a qashqai between the 2 renaults I have come to value the comfort of a higher riding SUV type vehicle.

Regarding the VX or opel V the peugeot, I visited VX one day and peugeot the next to compare the 2. From the outside the VX is more restrained and will appeal to some but boy is it aged when compared to the 3008. The spec just doesn't match up either until you look at the ultimate model and that's in a price range competing with the big boys and only comes in 2 ltr diesel.

Value badge? neith Renault Peugeot or Opel/VX can be considered premium cars, this is why spec is so important.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 1 month ago #26

• JohnBridge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I downloaded the 2019 Kadjar Brochure from the Forum Newsletter link, and noticed that the fuel consumption [mpg] is quoted the new way - "High" and "Low" speed running via the new WLTP test. For the 1.3L petrol Tce 140,manual gearbox,  the "Low" speed figure is 44 mpg. That sounded very optimistic to me, so I searched for other vehicles to compare it to. Vauxhall have made the WLTP figures available for their cars [and vans] at: https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/vauxhall/Home/PDFs/WLTP/Vauxhall-range-WLTP-figures-21-12-18.pdf For the 1.2L 130 hp manual gearbox Crossland X, the "Low" mileage figure is 34 mpg, and the same figure [ignoring decimal places] for the larger 1.2L 130 hp manual gearbox Grandland X. Either Renault have found a fuel-efficient winner in their new 1.3L engine, or someone has got their figures wrong? 

Kadjar alternative 5 years 1 month ago #27

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Are Renault known for being particularly truthful???  

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

My view is this, if it's Kadjar then ask here for actual figures from owners, you'll get a few too high and afew too low but generally they will be real world figures even if the new test is supposed to be a more practical method. For other brands go to their owners site.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 1 month ago #28

• MD99
  • Thank you received: 5

One of the main drawback is that there is no 4x4 option and it will never be. I mean if I am buying SUV or crossover then I expect that kind of transmition. Otherwise I do not see any sense. It is better then to buy something like Scenic, Espace or so. And Peugeot has nothing here.

Peug do a "Grip Control" option which is a 2WD system when fitted with good all season tyres I hear good things of from for handling mud and snow.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 1 month ago #29

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
It is just enhanced ESP/ASR. I read a test in car magazine where those systems were tested on different vehicles... It is good to rescue from wet grass and light mud, but not even close to simple 4WD, not talking a 4WD with differential lock like Kadjar has...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds