Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Heater 5 years 6 months ago #1

• Reflexxtr
  • Reflexxtr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am looking at buying a Kadjar but would like to know how long it takes the car(particularly the cabin) to heat up especially on a freezing winters day. My previous car was a Qashqai and it could take up to 20 for the cabin to get warm. Any owners experiences would be welcome
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heater 5 years 6 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I think all the Renault engines have electric warming plugs (don't know the english word) in the antifreeze system, which make the cooling system, warming faster. Basically in icy cold winter mornings, it takes a couple of minutes to start blowing air that unfreezes the windscreen. My choice to heat up my butt is seatings heater, so ordered the car with them.
 (I never scrape ice from the windows, cause this is how I ruined the window of a previous car. Small dust particles stick to the scraper and make it work as a sandpaper. Using defrosting spray and car's heater does the job in less than two minutes.The front window of my Kadjar was also replaced under insurance, cause something got stuck under the wiper blade and made a big scratch on the screen. Since than, aways blow away the dust from below the wipers before getting in the car. Never had this with previous car, so the glass is getting even worse (and cheaper) I guess. )
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reflexxtr

Last edit: by AOne.

Heater 5 years 6 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I am looking at buying a Kadjar but would like to know how long it takes the car(particularly the cabin) to heat up especially on a freezing winters day. My previous car was a Qashqai and it could take up to 20 for the cabin to get warm. Any owners experiences would be welcome
thanks

If I'm driving it, this includes my works Van, and have the air on recycling, it starts warming up within a couple of miles. If I leave it just standing to warm up it takes longer.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Heater 5 years 6 months ago #4

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Depends on market for pre-warming, UK won't be cold enough... This week with a couple of cold mornings I'm feeling heat after a mile or so
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

Heater 5 years 6 months ago #5

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
i have found with my Kajar leaving the setting on Auto and just turn up the temp heats the car up a bit quicker than the heater on its own.

or as i do wait until the frost has melted before you go out. Getting old has its bonuses 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Heater 5 years 6 months ago #6

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18

i have found with my Kajar leaving the setting on Auto and just turn up the temp heats the car up a bit quicker than the heater on its own.

or as i do wait until the frost has melted before you go out. Getting old has its bonuses 

Good call.  If you turn the aircon off, you will worsen the interior misting.  As air cools down it can hold less water vapour, so it condenses out on surfaces.  With the AC on, the air circulating is being dried, so removing the water vapour
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds