• Page:

TOPIC:

Album Cover Displays 5 years 4 months ago #1

• terryp
  • terryp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I've loaded hundreds of my music tracks on to a USB stick to play in my car but they don't show the Album artwork and I'm getting fed up at seeing the same old grey display. Has anyone found a program on the web which attaches the relevant Album cover to a music track?
I've just tried a program which appeared to do it but when I tried it in the car nothing showed up. It would be nice to see a splash of colour on the display for a change.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Album Cover Displays 5 years 4 months ago #2

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I find that the albums on my USB stick that I have bought from iTunes shows the album artwork. The rest (about 95%) which were transferred from my CD collection do not. I use a Mac and the CDs have all been transferred into my iTunes and most of them show the artwork (not all). When transferred to my USB stick as MP3s they no longer show the artwork. You have probably got a better chance of finding a solution if you are using a Windows computer, they seem to have a better choice of software. I'll be interested to see any other comments here, maybe there's a solution for me too.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Album Cover Displays 5 years 4 months ago #3

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Personally I don't give a monkeys, so long as the title is listed correctly, mine, all done cd rip via windows 10 seem to be about 50/50 for some reason inspite of all being ripped to stick at the same time and from originals

Album Cover Displays 5 years 4 months ago #4

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
Album art work is a constant question on people's computers and without getting technical, its all about time .

new CD's have all the metadata on the cd directly hence the artwork is instantly there. older tracks and CD's the software takes time to find and it depends when it trauled for metadata.

example when you create a usb by copying old files (music) inside that file will be a system information file, sometimes hidden this is the metadata for artwork etc. 

iTunes metadata can only be read by Apple devices so useless.

if you can, save all your music in your Music file and leave it there  if there is artwork out there it should find it, dependant on correct spelling and album title. when you then load your USB for the car, all the system info files come with it. 

of course this  depends on the computer gods having a good day 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one
The following user(s) said Thank You: terryp

Album Cover Displays 5 years 4 months ago #5

• bulldog
  • Thank you received: 2
I download all my music from U Tube then use a free converter app to change the downloaded tracks/Albums to MP3, then load onto a USB stick.
All artwork is shown on the RLink screen when playing from the stick. 
Signature Nav 1.6Tce Titanium Grey. 18 Reg. Side steps, Park assist, Window auto close, Electric Tailgate, Bonnet gas struts, Front/Rear Dashcam

Album Cover Displays 5 years 4 months ago #6

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
True.
I have mostly organized music in folders and subfolders. When I RIP or "buy" music on torrents there is always a cover (front, back) and media picture. So simply copy cover.jpg into folder and all songs within this folder (lake album or so) will have that CD cover as artwork.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Last edit: by Robertp.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds