Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Engine speed related noise 5 years 3 months ago #1

• Bari
  • Bari's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, My Kadjar has just been in for its 2nd year service, I was told that there was an update for the vehicle which would be done, during the service an oil leak was found (rear engine main seal) I was told that the gearbox had to come out to fix this. On getting the vehicle back I noticed that the engine was a lot more vocal than before, a sort of a growly noise that to me sounded like a exhaust leak but with a faint tappetty rattle as well. I returned to the garage and told them and it was whisked into the workshop to be checked but they reported that they had found nothing and the engine sounded normal. I am wondering if the exhaust had to be removed/slacked off to get the gearbox out and has not been done up properly. Has anyone any suggestions/ideas please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Engine speed related noise 5 years 3 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
can you record some sound that we might be able to understand what you are hearing?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Engine speed related noise 5 years 3 months ago #3

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26

Hi, My Kadjar has just been in for its 2nd year service, I was told that there was an update for the vehicle which would be done, during the service an oil leak was found (rear engine main seal) I was told that the gearbox had to come out to fix this. On getting the vehicle back I noticed that the engine was a lot more vocal than before, a sort of a growly noise that to me sounded like a exhaust leak but with a faint tappetty rattle as well. I returned to the garage and told them and it was whisked into the workshop to be checked but they reported that they had found nothing and the engine sounded normal. I am wondering if the exhaust had to be removed/slacked off to get the gearbox out and has not been done up properly. Has anyone any suggestions/ideas please.

I've detailed this several times on here. You are getting exactly what I did at the 2nd service/injection update. Particularly at tickover the car is more "rorty", almost like the sound of a small exhaust leak, but it isn't.

What the remapping has done is make more use of the EGR valve and it's system, the gases take a different route through the system  and the car becomes more noisy as a result. Others have said they can't tell but my car is completely quite with no wind noise or creaks etc so I find it much more pronounced.  It all harks back to the VW fiasco and I detailed why under a post about 2 year services which may be useful. Fuel consumption remains unchanged which was my main concern as the car ne sound a bit more "diesely"

Engine speed related noise 5 years 3 months ago #4

• Bari
  • Bari's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, thanks for that, its set my mind at rest. Its exactly as you describe and as the fuel figures are the same I shan't bother about it. A shame really as like you it was a lovely quiet ride before, I shall have to turn the radio up a notch.

Engine speed related noise 2 years 9 months ago #5

• Argyris
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone! I hope you're well!

I would like some info due to a weird noise that comes from the front (as I can understand) area of the car on speed over 160 km/h. I am posting as I found out that another guy had the issue based on the following video. It is the exact noise that mine does and I was wondering if anyone has a clue on that.

Further info, no vibration or something else to mention.

The dealer asked a sound recording in order to understand as they cannot drive the car that high. Maybe someone can further guide me. 

Thank you for your time!

Engine speed related noise 2 years 3 months ago #6

• Bak
Αργύρη καλησπέρα.Εχω ακριβώς το ίδιο θέμα σε Renault Kadjar 2021 diesel καινούργιο.Εχω κ βίντεο.Βρηκες μήπως καμιά άκρη με το πρόβλημα?Το ψάχνω και εγω

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds