Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Accident repair issues 5 years 1 month ago #7

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I can't check at present as wifey has the car, but what has been repaired/replaced?? I can see the boot has had a scrape but what about below.
Given a non parallel gap from bumper to to seal, was the rear panel behind the bumper bent and pushed in. It looks as if it was and the central bumper clip isn't holding.
Paintwork? Can't see any reason why the original wouldn't be the same finish all over. it's done in one operation after all.

Anyone who's had any damage will tell you it's not unusual to have to take it back, it's notoriously difficult for someone who has seen the damage pre repair to accept it as perfect. I'd go back, you could wish you had later if at sale time it gets spotted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by turboted10.

Accident repair issues 5 years 1 month ago #8

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Cheked with mine... Check yourself. Paint is mat, not shiny.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mfield9999

Accident repair issues 5 years 1 month ago #9

• Mfield9999
  • Mfield9999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks a lot! Put my mind at rest. Its just jutting out a tad on the sides. 

I also want to thank Renault Enfield who made a video for me. 

Once again... Thanks forum

Accident repair issues 5 years 1 month ago #10

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
You've lost me?, video? have you resolved this to your satisfaction?

Accident repair issues 5 years 1 month ago #11

• Mfield9999
  • Mfield9999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi - 

Yes - I managed to speak to Renault dealership in Enfield and they not only walked around a car describing, but then emailed me photos of the same parts that I took photos.  Then after the phone call, they then created me a video of the back of the car, again highlighting the areas of concern. 

So - apart from the misalignment of the bumper, everything else is to my satisfaction.

(now I just need to know how to close this topic off ! ) - thanks to everyone's help again

Accident repair issues 5 years 1 month ago #12

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Hi - 

Yes - I managed to speak to Renault dealership in Enfield and they not only walked around a car describing, but then emailed me photos of the same parts that I took photos.  Then after the phone call, they then created me a video of the back of the car, again highlighting the areas of concern. 

So - apart from the misalignment of the bumper, everything else is to my satisfaction.

(now I just need to know how to close this topic off ! ) - thanks to everyone's help again

If by close the topic off you mean you do not want to be notified of any further updates to this topic, whilst in the topic go to the bottom right of the screen and just click unsubscribe and you should not be notified of any further updates to this topic, unless you make additions to the topic, I think!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds