• Page:

TOPIC:

Kadjar 140 or 160 BHP which one to pick 3 years 9 months ago #1

• BRUCE225
  • BRUCE225's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi looking at getting a Kadjar upto 1 year old S Edition or GT Line but can't decide on getting the 1.3 140 BHP or the 160 BHP. but after reading reviews and talking to dealers they say there's no noticeable difference.I know that test driving alone will just push me to the 160.But just wondered on people thoughts who may have used both.Just much more choice out there if going for 140. Currently drive Astra K 1.4T 150 BHP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar 140 or 160 BHP which one to pick 3 years 9 months ago #2

• tynesider
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Bruce
I looked and tested both last year when I was buying new, yes the 160 is only slightly faster in acceleration but on the other hand your not buying a Kadjar as a race car, the 140 to me was a clear winner as I found no difference on motorways and I would say slightly quieter and most probable cheaper to run.

I also of interest tested the diesels but found surprisingly the 1.3 petrol has more than enough power and again quieter

last thing shop around not just local, I bought mine 140 mile away and saved £1800 on local dealer prices
Hope this might help.
2019 Silver 1.3 TCe Dynamic turbo petrol, manual,

Kadjar 140 or 160 BHP which one to pick 3 years 9 months ago #3

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks,I managed to test drive both a day apart 140 first followed by the 160..Now I don't know if this is because the second day i was used to the car a bit more but tend to think the 160 was easier to drive pulling more smoothly in gears when the revs dropped slightly.Will look for a 160 but wont dismiss the 140 if price is right.

Kadjar 140 or 160 BHP which one to pick 3 years 9 months ago #4

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Well got a 69 reg GT Line 160 in titanium picking it up Friday morning.Was surprised how few of these models were available but found one in Bolton so not too far(90 mile round trip).Was after a white one but not willing to pay the extra premium all the dealers seemed to want for white ones.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds