Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Say Hello 3 years 9 months ago #1

• Kadjar Matt
  • Kadjar Matt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi everyone,

I bought a used 66 reg Kadjar in June (Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi diesel in the ubiquitous flame red). Had decided in the spring that I was in the market for a family SUV, and as a long time admirer of the Škoda Yeti, figured that was the one I'd get (in forest green). Of course, fate and life (and Covid) determined that there wasn't one within my buying radius and the need to make an urgent family trip meant I had to look at other options. Cue stumbling upon a Kadjar at a local dealer a short distance down the road, and after reading the reviews was persuaded to give it a look. Loved the design and feel of the car (and it was a good price), so pulled the trigger and bought it on PCP.

Four weeks in and I love it. I owned a Renault in the early 90s, so much of the driving experience feels familiar and comforting. Still getting used to the colour as it's not my usual taste, but the kids think it's brilliant and it's very eye catching on the street. Already done a 7-country, 2600 mile round trip in it, as per the attached photo!

Regards to all

Matt

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Say Hello 3 years 9 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Welcome to the forum and have fun ;) Isn't it quite a change as I find the Yeti quite rough on the road with too much bouncing and shaking?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Say Hello 3 years 9 months ago #3

• Kadjar Matt
  • Kadjar Matt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
On reflection I probably lucked into a car that was more suited to me in some respects. I'm very tall (1 m 95) and have struggled with lower back pain after long periods driving. I suspect the Yeti may have been too hard riding for the journey that we had to do. I drove for 16 hours over the first two days and didn't have any issues. Loads of legroom too.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Re:Say Hello 3 years 9 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'm also relatively tall, though not as much as you ;) (187 mm). The comfort in Kadjar is decent. Drove 17 hours straight last Saturday and it was OK. Anyway, my previous 2008 Scenic was better. On long journeys it was absolutely comfortable with no sign of back pain. In the Kadjar I start to twist and turn for a different position after few hours driving.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Say Hello 1 year 3 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I had 2007 GrandScenic Privilege and what I miss with Kadjar are comfort head rests…
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Say Hello 1 year 3 months ago #6

• Williamson
  • Thank you received: 6
Welcome to our group

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds