Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help 2 years 6 months ago #1

• BigMac
  • BigMac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi.   Am rather hoping some-one will recognise these symptoms and point me in the right direction.
I have a 2015 on a 65 plate Renault Kadjar 1.2 TCe Dynamique (petrol) and all was well until this week
Car starts, drives well and everything works EXCEPT when I started it yesterday, the 'infotainment' system does not work (will not power up), the two usb auxilliary ports underneath it will not work, no 'noise' from the parking sensors, the bezel surrounding the speedo has changed from white to a sort of luminous green and the 'A' (for the auto start / stop) no longer appears on the instrument panel although it tells you if it is activated or deactivated when you press the switch
Are all of these issues connected or do I have multiple faults all at the same time (which is strange) and what do I do to resolve? (and yes, have checked the fuse in the glove box)
Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help 2 years 6 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Did you long press power/volume knobe (10 sec or more) to reset device? Otherwise, if no success, device is willing for replacement.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Help 2 years 6 months ago #3

• BigMac
  • BigMac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
Thanks for your reply
However having spoken to a non Renault mechanic and seeing similar in some on site comments elsewhere, I disconnected the main 12v battery for 10 minutes and when reconnected, everything came back to life apart from having to re-tune the radio.  Even the luminous green light around the speed bezel has returned to its standard white colour!!
As all are on separate fuses and led me to think none of the symptoms were connected, obviously sceptical about disconnecting battery 
As it has worked a treat, somewhere within the wiring / electronics must  be a common denominator

Many Thanks

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds