Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

clutch 5 years 7 months ago #1

• Mash134
  • Mash134's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi I have a 1.2TCe Signature nav, which has only done 16654 miles.  On Monday the clutch went car would not move forward or backwards. Renault is saying the complete clutch needs replacing.  Should this still not be covered by the Warranty.  Or could the problem be with the pedal box and master cylinder that has burnt out the clutch. Need help? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

clutch 5 years 7 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Under normal circumstances you would not expect the clutch to be covered by warranty, however, I personally would say that it should be covered because clutches should not fail with less than 17,000 on the clock.

My answer is based on the fact you do not ride the clutch unduly and you have not been towing overweight trailers/caravans.

Be prepared for an uphill struggle as not all dealers will give in easily.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

clutch 5 years 7 months ago #3

• Mash134
  • Mash134's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
The dealer wants to charge me  £1583. to replace clutch kit. They said they would investigate but I doubt they will do anything. Somewhere on a older forum said something about the pedal box and master slave could be faulty. Would they check this when looking for a fault in the clutch.

clutch 5 years 7 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Your guess is as good as mine as to whether they would check.

As to what was shown on another site, shedder101 would know if it was on the old site he moderated.

Me personally, I would want assurance from the dealer it was going to be done under warranty and if not escalate to Customer Services. I would also be stressing the point that under normal use the clutch should NOT fail this quick.

If all else fails, get the job done elsewhere, dealers are expensive, as an example, a company vehicle I have required Pads and Discs and was quoted a little under £800 by dealer, got it done elsewhere for around £350, admittedly not genuine parts, but cheaper. As I told the dealer when asked for feedback, I'm not paying extra for a name on a pad!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

clutch 5 years 7 months ago #5

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
 Hi 

i do remember the problem with the pedal box but it wasn't linked to clutch ware. There were instances of clutch failure on relatively low mileage cars but they weren't covered under warranty they stated ware and tare.

doesn't this sound like the topic 1.5 Dci accelerating issue they haven't posted back but it looks like a clutch problem to me.
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

clutch 5 years 7 months ago #6

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18

Your guess is as good as mine as to whether they would check.

As to what was shown on another site, shedder101 would know if it was on the old site he moderated.

Me personally, I would want assurance from the dealer it was going to be done under warranty and if not escalate to Customer Services. I would also be stressing the point that under normal use the clutch should NOT fail this quick.

If all else fails, get the job done elsewhere, dealers are expensive, as an example, a company vehicle I have required Pads and Discs and was quoted a little under £800 by dealer, got it done elsewhere for around £350, admittedly not genuine parts, but cheaper. As I told the dealer when asked for feedback, I'm not paying extra for a name on a pad!

I agree, it should not fail that quickly... I'd go straight to Renault CS
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds