• Page:

TOPIC:

First Impressions of a Newbie... 5 years 8 months ago #1

• Guzzilazz
  • Guzzilazz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I picked up my 67 plate Kadjar yesterday, following a test drive last Sunday.  I fully expected the car to be just a budge up over the Captur I traded but was blown away by the big increase in "luxury".  Driven it quite a lot (45 miles yesterday and 200 today) and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  I don't understand the criticism of RLink, I don't understand (maybe because I have v3?). I set off on the way back home yesterday, and ignored some turns which "I knew" were wrong, until I ran into traffic, which the SatNav was obviously trying to protect me from!  Today, it's suggesting some other routing on way to the in-laws which avoids five hours of delays at the M25 end of the A12... Over the last two days, it appears to be the best Satnav I've ever used, Garmin, TomTom, Ford, Renault MediaNav Evo included. 

There were a few worries... Start Stop wasn't kicking in, logic said the car may have stood for a while and probably needed a run to get the battery up to snuff, so I was delighted when it kicked in later today.  How does the electronic parling brake work (sorted that), does hill start assist work (regularly used in both Captur and preceding Focus

Overwhelming feeling is of a big solid luxury vehicle, with good technology that works well, and suits my driving style extremely well, it's amazingly comfortable for four people, and for 1.2l is amazing, so much of a step up from the Captur, well worth the change.  We both LOVE it!!!
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Impressions of a Newbie... 5 years 8 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Nice to finally come across someone that has absolutely no quibbles about the car!!!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

First Impressions of a Newbie... 5 years 8 months ago #3

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Nice to finally come across someone that has absolutely no quibbles about the car!!!

It's such a contrast to the Captur, everything just works better... The most striking thing is that using ECO seems to actually improve economy without eviscerating the car, which is what it did in the Captur
Larry

Essex

First Impressions of a Newbie... 5 years 8 months ago #4

• barracuda1
  • Thank you received: 17

I picked up my 67 plate Kadjar yesterday, following a test drive last Sunday.  I fully expected the car to be just a budge up over the Captur I traded but was blown away by the big increase in "luxury".  Driven it quite a lot (45 miles yesterday and 200 today) and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  I don't understand the criticism of RLink, I don't understand (maybe because I have v3?). I set off on the way back home yesterday, and ignored some turns which "I knew" were wrong, until I ran into traffic, which the SatNav was obviously trying to protect me from!  Today, it's suggesting some other routing on way to the in-laws which avoids five hours of delays at the M25 end of the A12... Over the last two days, it appears to be the best Satnav I've ever used, Garmin, TomTom, Ford, Renault MediaNav Evo included. 

There were a few worries... Start Stop wasn't kicking in, logic said the car may have stood for a while and probably needed a run to get the battery up to snuff, so I was delighted when it kicked in later today.  How does the electronic parling brake work (sorted that), does hill start assist work (regularly used in both Captur and preceding Focus

Overwhelming feeling is of a big solid luxury vehicle, with good technology that works well, and suits my driving style extremely well, it's amazingly comfortable for four people, and for 1.2l is amazing, so much of a step up from the Captur, well worth the change.  We both LOVE it!!!

I am with you 100% had mine since January 2017, and have had just one fault which was a faulty alarm  sensor, apart from that everything inc Satnav has worked perfectly from day one, and we love it too.
DynamiqueNav 1.5 Flame Red January 2017 66 Reg

First Impressions of a Newbie... 5 years 8 months ago #5

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
it's nice to see Renault has most of the bugs sorted out now.

it is a nice car that suffered from first run problems, the car wasn't ready to go but they decide to find out what wrong with it on the street.
unfortunately the negative elements were highlighted on the forums but i am glad to see it didn't put me off getting the car, or others.
I can live with my version of the R link, With google nav on the phone i now leave the navigation to that, the phone , I have never had a problem linking whatever android phone i had.
let's be honest, all the other apps on the R link are just jam on the sandwich as long as the music keeps playing.

i don't know if any one else does this, I tend to take the car out on my own and push it around the country lans, i use the manual settings on the gearbox I need to know how it goes around corners. apart from the usual understeer from the front wheel drive it goes around corners quite well, Its not an MX5 its a bit top heavy but it will put a smile in your face. 

The gearbox doesn't like to be told what to do, coming down from 5th to second when its going quick but it will be in second when you power out of the corner so who needs engine braking 

its been a pleasure reading these post from people with no preconception of the car and how they enjoy them.

sorry just relised i have gone on a bit :)
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

First Impressions of a Newbie... 5 years 8 months ago #6

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I have the feeling for driving that I had when I got the Focus - which is a real driver's car.  I want to drive the Kadjar at every opportunity, even to the station and back! We've done almost a tank of fuel in 5 days!
Larry

Essex

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds