Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Electronic Handbrake issue 3 years 6 months ago #1

• pheritage
  • pheritage's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there, 1st post on here, hopefully in the right place. Just wondering if anyone has had any issue with the electronic handbrake not activating manually with switch. The "P" icon flashes and get check handbrake sign every time. The only way the handbrake physically applies is when I switch the engine off. It comes up "parking brake on" when engine off and I can feel it apply. Took it into a garage of someone I know and said it was a head scratcher so need to leave it with him another day for longer. Just after any advice if possible. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Electronic Handbrake issue 3 years 6 months ago #2

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Probably stating the bl....ing obvious but why are you operating the handbrake manually when it operates automatically when not in gear? If you are operating manually you know that you need to lift the lever to put it on and depress it to release it.

Sorry if I'm telling you what you already know.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue
The following user(s) said Thank You: pheritage

Electronic Handbrake issue 3 years 6 months ago #3

• pheritage
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I understand all what you are saying. The handbrake won't apply in any condition. Only trying the switch itself by pulling up with foot on brake after it not applying itself. I have to switch the engine off for it to auto apply.

Electronic Handbrake issue 3 years 6 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Mine only operates automatically when I switch the engine off, always has done since new
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: pheritage

Electronic Handbrake issue 3 years 6 months ago #5

• pheritage
Does yours operate if you try and do it manually though. Mine has always come on auto when not in gear eg. Hill start etc. Also if needed I've been able to apply manually by foot on the brake and pull switch up. Doesn't allow me to do this anymore so a definite change in what it usually does. Thanks for the reply.

Electronic Handbrake issue 3 years 6 months ago #6

• pheritage
Update from the garage I had it in today. They have not been able to figure it out. They spoke to a renault technician and he also hadn't heard of the fault happening before and didn't recognise the fault code. I'll try and get code and put it on here tomorrow. He said maybe try and change switch myself or get auto elec to look at it but may be pricey! Tempted to pull centre console apart to see if anything obvious and replace switch. Any thoughts on how easy it is taking centre console out? Thanks in advance once again.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds