Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Drivers Seat has developed constant clicking/knocking noise. 3 years 4 months ago #1

• DAMO71
  • DAMO71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I think this may have already been discussed in the past on here and I have applied some of the suggested fixes ie cable tying the 4 hooks on the metal frame under the seat to stop them moving in the locating hole.

This has not resolved the issue, have checked the runners and they are firmly fixed in place, tried to force the seat to replicate the noise and get the odd click. Noise most prominent when going over uneven surfaces, very annoying.

Are there an bolts on the seat construction as I cant see any, sounds like something is loose somewhere and certainly seems its in the base of the seat. How do you remove the plastic side covers and height positioning levers etc - the lever for moving the seat back and forth seems quite slack on the door side of car.

Any help would be appreciated.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drivers Seat has developed constant clicking/knocking noise. 3 years 4 months ago #2

• Neiloky1
  • Thank you received: 6
Had issues for months with mine before finally getting the seat base replaced under warranty...early on it was impossible to get it to click when accompanied with a Renault mechanic but found getting the car hot inside seemed to exaggerate the noise/movement it’s a well known problem and even my kolios company car has the same issue..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds