Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gearbox issue? 2 years 10 months ago #1

• Francesca
  • Francesca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone - I am new to this forum and really want to pick the brains of all you experienced Kadjar owners. I have just brought a 66 plate Dynamic S Automatic (Petrol). I absolutely love it but I have noticed that on the odd occasion it can be a bit "laggy" when I put it in reverse to the point that it almost stops and then if I put my foot down even further on the accelerator pedal it suddenly roars into life and zooms back with some speed and a bit of a jolt. It does it in D in first gear too. It is a bit disconcerting and I worry if someone crossed behind or in front of my car and it did that, it could cause a nasty accident. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this and if it is easy to resolve. I bought the car from a dealership in Blackpool and live in Surrey so bit of a trek to take it back! Thanks so much all. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gearbox issue? 2 years 10 months ago #2

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello Francesca
There have been a few posts on this forum about the problem you are experiencing and it seems that it was quite common in the "first generation" of Kadjars (pre 2019). My first Kadjar had the same symptoms and I cured it by buying a new one! 
I recall that some owners took their car to a dealership who were able to update the software to overcome the problem. I appreciate that this could be difficult (or expensive) in your case so I suggest that maybe you could talk to your local dealer about producing a report after having tested your car for the fault you describe.
Good luck.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francesca

Gearbox issue? 2 years 10 months ago #3

• Francesca
  • Francesca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Terry P - thank you for your response. That is really helpful and I shall definitely take it to my local Renault dealership and see what they say. It is really occasional and outside of this, I love it! Thanks again. 

Gearbox issue? 2 years 10 months ago #4

• Hepburn
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, I have a similar gearbox issue on my 2016 Kadjar 1.5 Dci Dynamic with EDC gearbox. I am new to the forum and new to a Renault but have had two automatic vehicles recently so this is a first for me. When slowing down and taking the corner, especially on a down hill, the gearbox tends to slip or not gear up and the revs increase rapidly. This happens in both ECO and normal mode even when being very gentle on the accelerator. I am getting phenomenal fuel consumption of 5.4 L/100 Km combined cycle so very happy with that. Does anyone have a simple solution or will I have to take it to the dealers? Was wondering if it may be a result of some turbo lag and if a chip may solve it or will I just be wasting my hard earned money? Thanks in advance.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds