Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #13

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Am I the only one here, possessed by the conspiracy theory, from  the beginning of the thread, that you're actually a troll or scammer, trying to make black commercial to Kadjar, trying to advertise another brand (Mazda obviously). The type of writing, the way of stating things... all leads to this...
 Sorry if I'm wrong. Maybe I've had enough internet for today :D
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #14

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I think the OP has every right to state what he did, however the capitalized headline with provoke head to head arguments given it's voracity hence the bite back.

I don't share Aone's suspicions in spite of me usually being the 1st to suggest that, he actually said he's NOT buying a Mazda, but probably means he is. I see it as a direct warning to anyone with less than full physical movement or attributes and as a lot of folks on here do have them as Motability vehicles I see it as fair comment

So, I too have a Motability Kadjar but a 1'5 dci manual. I have no feeling in my R foot and little in the L. I can still manage a manual but for me even after 2 years I still don't have confidence in the auto handbrake, I've lost count of the No of times I've rolled forwards when parked downhill, disconcerting when 12" from a car park rail. But I can live with it, just needs care.

Incidentally, my next door neighbour is a sales manager for Mazda, comes home in a different car almost everyday, often a CX3 or CX5. I've been able to try both for 1/2hr or so. I prefer the Renault.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #15

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
i have to take a stand on your post AndyB53

the Kadjar "Automatic" on the diesel engine, works extremely well and the improvements on the old ECG gearbox. having driven the 3008 with this gearbox the car was in fact impossible to drive without what i called the boat bounce, six months and my back had take enough. 
then came the duel clutch EAT gearbox a vast improvement came to replace the CVT  box in the QQ. CVT used by the legion that is the Daf 55 advertised forward to go forward back to go back, 

infact over the years development the CVT gearbox was the smoothest gearbox i have had 2 cars and 4 bikes  with it and its brilliant. they tend to program a simulated gear change but there is in fact none a constand vari drive and very efficient my A6 did 35 mpg around town on a 2.5 lt motor.

since the recall for the software upgrade the car has been driving much better, pity the build quality could have been done at the same time,different rant, but the car does drive better. I haven't had any of the hill start problems but i never rely on electronic systems to hold the car, handbrake on foot on brake, press gas feel it take up foot off brake simple.

i personally think  we need to stop moaning about the gearbox quarks and problems, most european cars use the same gearbox MFG, 3008 has the same GB and map the drive the way they want, be tham MPG, or speed. remember we need soon to get used to direct drive on electric cars no gearbox, the Nissan leaf already has a single pedal, foot down go foot off stop lets see how we get on with that.

other points raised the are all personal observations of the cars you have used for a time, living with the beast brings out more insight into the cars problems as you know. Personally i care not a jot about sunroofs and options, comfort and practical are what i look for and i agree Mobility customer service are brilliant to get you in the car best suited to your needs and more companies should take note.
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #16

• Blue Dolphin
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Andy, 

Like I said It's being fine for me.

I'm also yet to look at the CX 5 but the 3008 is top at the moment.

You are lucky that you are able to test drive as for me I can't as my car has to be adapted with steering hand controls (lodgesons 10/13 way for me) before I'm allowed on the road without it, but I'm glad you are getting it sorted :)

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #17

• AndyB53
  • AndyB53's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
As I have already said.. I think the Kadjar IN MANUAL FORM is  a truly brilliant car.  I am NOT a scammer of any kind just a 65yr old disabled man who have lived and worked in the UK all my life.  I was a Computer Engineer and have no affiliation whatsoever with any car,manufacturer at all.  My point to all of you is that the Kadjar Auto is not a true Automatic, it does not behave like one but is being sold like one.
What makes me laugh about all the people quickly defending this vehicle is that they seem to ignore the 2 independent RAC  for those outside the UK (Royal Automobile Club)  A major UK Breakdown & Recovery service reports that state IN WRITING the the cars are "NOT SAFE" and "DANGEROUS"  Would anyone care  to comment on how this can be?

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #18

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
 Ok, but how is it legal to sell a car in Britain to disabled person if it's dangerous? (is asking a 38 years old mechanical engineer)
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds