Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #25

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I take your point, but I was not referring to using the brake and accelerator at the same time, simply transferring my foot from one to the other.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #26

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26

Maybe I'm missing something here. My 1.2 Auto is the first car I've had with an electric parking brake so it took me a while to work out how to reverse up a slope while facing forward. After trial and error I found that Hill Start Assist works in reverse up a hill as it does when facing forward. It helps to put additional pressure on the brake pedal before applying pressure on the accelerator.
Failing that, if the Parking brake is applied, it will stay on until the accelerator is applied, though this can cause the car to lurch unless the pressure is quite gentle.
If the gradient is about 10%, I don't think Hill Start Assist will operate either forward or back but in that circumstance the vehicle will not move much between the foot movement between brake and accelerator.

The last bit of that Terry is the issue for me, unless you are 100% committed and have quick reactions, "catching" the car with the clutch can be quite disconcerting. I am of course talking manual so nothing to do with Andy's issues, just highlighting the foibles of auto handbrake/brake assist on any modern car My local Asda has some bays that point steeply down to a steel rail, I ended up virtually touching that the first time I tried to reverse out. Under those circumstances I have now learnt to hold the car with the footbrake until it decides to take the weight.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #27

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
There was a very similar thread to this on the Captur forum about 6 months ago, which was very similar in initial content to this... 
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 4 years 7 months ago #28

• RTFishall
  • Thank you received: 0
My Kadjar has just had the computer reprogramed for the auto-gear box control. Now the performance is brilliant. Why then is this not part of the yearly service schedule?
Also, the stop/start function is rubbish, interesting to note that Renault UK have even put a video on their site explaning why it sometimes doesn't work... I rest my case!!!

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 3 years 11 months ago #29

• Aitchie65
  • Thank you received: 0
I agree with Renault.
Did you not test drive your cars prior to taking delivery of them? Did you do the same research into the Kadjar as you have done with the Mazda?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds