Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 5 months ago #7

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Sorry to butt in on this, I can see both sides of this discussion between to different cultures.

Now, I'm not going to point fingers, but please remember this is an international site so, whilst this website is in English, not everyone's first language is English. We all have to make allowances for spelling and the way sentences are constructed, it is the participation that counts. 

Additionally different cultures have different ways of having a conversation, what may be considered rude or ignorant in one culture may be considered quite normal in another.

Now Aone is describing 'Heal and Toe' something more commonly used in Motor Racing. As I work in a disability environment I can fully understand the practicality of trying this procedure, especially in ones later years of life, not that I am saying that is the case here.

I do agree that the Automatic Kadjar is not practical for a person that is physically challenged all the time this hill start goes unresolved. 

I'm guessing that AndyB53 has only dealt with the dealer, am I correct? If this is indeed the case, I strongly suggest that you Email Renault UK's Customer Services giving them a detailed account of your issues with the dealer, what the RAC have said etc. Whilst, you personally, may not get a satisfactory solution, you might be able to get it off your chest.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 5 months ago #8

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Hello again!  I am beginning to think your replies are some kind of "wind up"  Have you actually read, (r.e.a.d)., my posts?  I AM DISABLED.  I have no use of my left leg / foot and restricted use of my right.  How about I play the drums as well as trying to drive an so-called AUTOMATIC car?    The DVLA have tested me and decided I am safe to drive an AUTOMATIC!  I was sold a Renault Kadjar AUTOMATIC by Renaults disability expert at the branch concerned.  If what you say is true and the "issues" have been known for some time, She must have known it was unsuitable for a disabled person..  As for "BRAKING into the Forum (PS it is spelt breaking)  I have been a member of this forum for well over a year.  Am I not allowed to say anything derogatory?  Finally you say I am talking "Nonsense" and you have "facts"  Well the FACTS are that 2 separate and independent RAC reports have been done (copies attached minus personal details).  I have highlighted the FACTS that are in writing.  Still say it is nonsense??  I suggest you actually read what I have said and get your FACTS right! 

Ok. You're right, I'm wrong. Sorry for the misspelling. Most of the time I write from my phone. I get your point. You're mad with the dealer and the situation you're going through, but look from my point of view (I don't know if I can say this expression in English. It's not my first language).
  Topics named "PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ." sound like a fake news, trolling and so on. They're really annoying started this way. Lets just say I overreacted. (If you are part of this forum from more than a year, though it exists from only few months, You should've definitely been through the topics regarding the transmission and especially the one about starting with EDC at steep slopes.
https://www.renaultkadjarforum.com/index.php/forum/kadjar-general-discussions/84-reversing-uphill
https://www.renaultkadjarforum.com/index.php/forum/kadjar-general-discussions/195-hill-start-assist?jjj=1536451245002&start=0 )
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 5 months ago #9

• Blue Dolphin
  • Thank you received: 0
Andy, I too am disabled (paralysed left leg & arm from a forces injury) & I've driven the 1.5 diesel auto for the last 2 1/2 years & I've got to say I've not once had problems that you have encountered.I don't have the option of using the handbrake with my right hand without taking it off the steering wheel because then I'm not in control of the car officially, & I still manage.I live in a city/county with lots of steep hills & have driven all over the country without any problem on steep hills so, to be honest I can't understand where you are coming from & that's not a dig at you, It's just my observation.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 5 months ago #10

• AndyB53
  • AndyB53's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Did you see the independent RAC reports?  They see exactly where I am coming from  Even the Dear acknowledges there is a problems but says there is nothing they can do.  Also dont you think it "odd" that both the Kadjar and Qasquai are not releasing their 2019 models as an auto??

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 5 months ago #11

• Blue Dolphin
  • Thank you received: 0
No, Andy, I have not seen the reports as I have had no problems with the car so, therefore, no need to look for them.

About Renault/Nissan not having an auto for 2019 doesn't bother me, my contract is up for renewal on Motability & will go for another make (probably a Peugeot 3008)

Like I stated all I can say is "I've not had any problems" I'm not & anyone else is getting at you, we are just giving our observations.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 5 months ago #12

• AndyB53
  • AndyB53's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
The Renault Kadjar is a bloody good small SUV BUT the Automatic version IS NOT!  I have had a full UK D Licence for over 42 years and it is only as a result if disability that I need to use Automatics now.  This car should never have been released to the public and sold as automatic as quite simply it is not!   The fact that the s"sister car (the Qashquai was withdrawn as an auto, says it all!))
It isn't even a good Semi-Auto as I have driven the 3008, Kuga, Tucon etc  have a Discovery, (as a loan car). whist Motability sort this.  All have semi-Autos that actually work properly. I used to be a computer Engineer (MCSE) before I retired and I cannot understand why Renault / Nissan cannot write software to sort this as it is essentially a double clutch software controlled gearbox?
You say you are now going for a 3008.  It was on my list and I have driven one.  But take a look a the Mazda CX5.  It has absolutely fantastic reviews from both the trade and customers, it has all the nice stuff the Kadjar doesnt (electric tail lift, heated steering wheel, opening glass sunroof etc and it is cheaper than the 3008 & Kadjar..  In closing I have to say Motability have been 100% great over this matter., unlike Renault UK (who claim the issue with the gearbox are a "feature")  Motability could give lessons in customer service!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rocky48

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds