Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Speed sensor 5 years 4 months ago #1

• Enmic2012
  • Enmic2012's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi to all, just bought a new Kadjar but having problems with speed sensor. It doesn't read accurately the signals or nothing at all. It doesn't read 70 ml since I bought it. Updated Rlink 3 times but without results. I was told it could be the camera street signal sensor on windscreen. Could it be? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speed sensor 5 years 4 months ago #2

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Enmic,

As far as I know Speed Sign Recognition is done by character recognition software, probably within R-Link. Our Kadjar has never recognised the National Speed Limit sign. It also "forgets" the current limit if it hasn't seen a sign for a while.

So you problem is either software related or the camera is not mounted correctly.

You say your car is new but I'd check the windscreen. If the shaded area at the top of the screen is dimpled then it's not a "Renault" screen and the camera will never sit correctly.

Speed sensor 5 years 4 months ago #3

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26

The alerts/warnings are given by the thing behind the black bit at the top of the screen. It reads numbers on the road side signs,70 appears nowhere.

It won't read "70" as there is no speed sign that indicates this. The black slash on round white background indicates national speed limits, ie it is euro affected,.not max 70mph. Kadjar is not programmed to "read 70".

Last edit: by turboted10.

Speed sensor 5 years 4 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I had a chat with enmic yesterday about it yesterday and we discussed the various possibilities, Sun Glare, reading signs on parallel roads, slip roads etc etc which he seemed aware of. We also discussed, should the screen ever need replacing in the future which would require the camera to be calibrated afterward, which I'm sure I read about somewhere.
Anyway I believe he is booked in for it to be looked at in January.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Speed sensor 5 years 4 months ago #5

• barracuda1
  • Thank you received: 17

The alerts/warnings are given by the thing behind the black bit at the top of the screen. It reads numbers on the road side signs,70 appears nowhere.

It won't read "70" as there is no speed sign that indicates this. The black slash on round white background indicates national speed limits, ie it is euro affected,.not max 70mph. Kadjar is not programmed to "read 70".

There are 70 mph signs on Motorways in Scotland M9 &M77
DynamiqueNav 1.5 Flame Red January 2017 66 Reg

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by barracuda1.

Speed sensor 5 years 4 months ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

There are 70 mph signs on Motorways in Scotland M9 &M77

Actually, National Speed Limit would depend on the road, so the car sensors would need to understand where it is, to actually decide the speed limit that applies for that road.
Taking it one step further, it would also depend on the vehicle you are in as well as to what speed applies.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds