Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

poor performance 5 years 2 months ago #1

• comet
  • comet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys. recently had our 1.5 diesel serviced and at the same time they did update on the emissions. Since then we have noticed a loss of power and we are getting 10mpg less than before. Been back to garage 4 times and they have spoken to Renault technical and both say nothing wrong with your car and the update will not have made any difference to performance and fuel usage. We are looking at taking this matter further with Renault and would like to know if any one else has experienced similar problems as Renault tried to tell me it was my Driving causing these issues.
Thanks Folks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

poor performance 5 years 2 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Could you please share the year of manufacture.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

poor performance 5 years 2 months ago #3

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
There's quite a bit on here about it, mostly by me detailing early and later effects of the reprogramming, I was scared it would bugger up the economy but can honestly say that 6 months on all is as it was. There is a distinct growl at tickover that wasn't there before but this is due to the new program making much more use of the EGV at low revs.

I was also told it would not affect anything on the dash or on RLink, but several quiks I had from mew went at the same time so must be related. The car would drop its warning for speed camera etc and totally lose its voice, this has stopped it did it every couple of weeks before. The little compass to the top right of the speedo had never appeared before, it's now there. My car is a 66 plte.

This was my case, others have complained as you are doing, don't recall anyone saying it continued or settled or any reports about longer term fuel consumption. I'd check the fuel again over a longer period, 10 mpg is a big hike, 20% or so.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds