Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Higher version firmware older won’t install 3 years 7 months ago #7

• Neil70
  • Neil70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Dude you’ve been no help at all really, maybe if you haven’t got anything helpful to say you should find yourself another forum you sound like you have had enough of this one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Higher version firmware older won’t install 3 years 7 months ago #8

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Well, you should ask other forum members about my contribution before you judge me...
And again: there is veryfied upgrade from 2.2.19.300 to 3.3.16.9xx. A lot uf us did that, a lot of experience found here. Also about iGO hack and map sets. We also know that upgrade to V7 must be performing at authorised dealer because of some programming procedures and jet there were smartasses who did that by themselves and bricked devices... and then moaning and crying here.
Also, V7 is highest version on devices version 1.0 and 1.1... all ither is gambling and if you have wish, go ahead. All other knows that devices with V8 are newer, has newer hardware and at the end there is no really benefits for Kadjar users to upgrade.
All whom authorised garage upgrade or replace device got either V7 or V9 device. V8 was only as an initial version.
Oh, and one more thing... I will not leave this forum. This is Kadjar forum and obviously you do not own a Kadjar. I can not recall since when Kadjar has 8.7 portrait display. So with all your respect, buzz off.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Last edit: by Robertp.

Higher version firmware older won’t install 3 years 7 months ago #9

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Got a link to the files please?

Higher version firmware older won’t install 3 years 7 months ago #10

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

No, really I don’t care about that. But I really hate when heros like you after bricking device begging for help and complain how nobody wants to help.

And obviously you do not drive Kadjar since CarPlay works in fullscreen since version 3.3.16.x. From version 8 CP is available in fullscreen on 8.7 inch portrait device which is available in Megane/Scenic, Talisman, Espace and Koleos, not on landscape 7 inch display in Kadjar.

Hey Robert, feel better now?

I understand your frustration with members bricking their units and I have noted your contribution to trying to help them rectify the screw-ups, along with other established members, which is why I always say there is a risk of crashing the Rlink system and possibly voiding the warranty if something goes wrong.

I don't know what you think about this, would it perhaps be a good idea for those members, that have knowledge of possible ways to get out of a bricked system, to put something to together that I can put in an Article? By doing this we can refer those that have chosen to go down the route of trying to upgrade to V3, and have crashed the system, to the Article. We could even extend the existing Article, HERE, on how to upgrade to V3, to include what to do if system is bricked, what do you and other established members think?

Just trying to keep the Peace and Harmony flowing in the Forum :)
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds