Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #25

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I have valid map update subscription, no fear. 
Can you stick a photo of map version on R-Link2 or from R-Link store?
Android Auto works fine, but I am iPhone user and have a separate phone just for AA without a SIM is anoying... it interfers too much with BT connection of my iPhone... but this is by design as I understand...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #26

• rymacg
  • Thank you received: 5
Photo of Map version as requested. I bought the vehicle second hand and subscription was out before I bought it, I would get new subscription from Renault but I have lifetime maps on my TomTom device also the Renault maps seem to be out of date.
2020 Kadjar 1.3 Petrol S Edition Tce Auto

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #27

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Strange… I don't have notification on map upgrade on R-Link2 store... Just check.

from this link i put vin number and had to install the new update. i bought the kadjar in march 2018 

https://easyconnect.renault.co.uk/software-upgrade/r-link-evolution

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #28

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Strange… I don't have notification on map upgrade on R-Link2 store... Just check.

from this link i put vin number and had to install the new update. i bought the kadjar in march 2018 

https://easyconnect.renault.co.uk/software-upgrade/r-link-evolution

It's not a map update. It's a firmware update. It's about 400 MB and takes approx. 10 minutes to install. The map update is nearly 6000MB and it needs more than 30 minutes.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #29

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I still don't get why you guys are updating the built-in map, when AA is now broadly available on every Kadjar. Even if you're a die-hard iPhone user you could still get a cheap Android phone to keep in the car at all times. Android offers various maps options, including free and offline maps (so you don't even need a SIM card in the phone).
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #30

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

I still don't get why you guys are updating the built-in map, when AA is now broadly available on every Kadjar. Even if you're a die-hard iPhone user you could still get a cheap Android phone to keep in the car at all times. Android offers various maps options, including free and offline maps (so you don't even need a SIM card in the phone).

Although, I'm tech-addicted since a kid and have used all possible GPS apps and gadgets since the early days and am quite into Google maps, OSMAnd and so on, the RLINK navigation outperforms all of them in regard to car-navigation. It's much more accurate in traffic obstructions, delays and others. It's better in offering route alternatives on the go, regarding these obstruction and finally, it fits the whole screen :) 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds