Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #37

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
In Google Maps there's the arrow on the right that folds it :)

Subscription can only be renewed from the website, and it doesn't show it for me for some weird reason.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #38

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
A user on the Bulgarian forum has obtained and shared instructions and files that allow to update the R-Link 2 maps to custom (latest) TomTom or HERE maps.

It's a patch for R-Links iGo partition (the navigation app) that, once applied, allows for 3rd party maps to be installed. I can confirm that it works - I'm now on the 2018 Q3 HERE maps with 3d buildings etc (see screenshots).

Here's a link  to the original thread for those who are interested (you may need to register to see it).

One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, ReVo, johny2k

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #39

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Boyko
this time I will ask you in behalf of forum to translate this for us. PLS. Google translate can do stupidity. You speak and read Bulgarian natively. Not to not read Cyrilics, but that was so long ago whenlearned them in primary school...
Is patch available free or against payment?

Please be so kind.

THANKS in many names.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Last edit: by Robertp. Reason: Typo

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #40

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Just want to add that I'm not the author of this mod, nor is the guy who shared it on the BG forum. Even though I believe I understand what this does, I will not be able to help in case something goes wrong, so apply this at your risk. What I can confirm is that it worked for me and my car description is in my signature.

This should work on R-Link 2 versions 2.2.19.30x, 3.3.16.94x, 3.3.16.96x and 7.0.24.13x.

If you have something else then best to first upgrade (downgrade?) to one of the supported versions. I personally have 3.3.16.96x (upgraded from 2.2.19.300).

It's a two step procedure - step 1 is installing software update file (linked below) that will modify the iGO (navigation) partition of the R-Link, allowing for unsigned / unlicensed maps to be installed later. Then step 2 is installing the maps themselves.

Step 1:

From the list below download the update file that corresponds to your R-Link software version:
mm2014_upgrade_igo_2.2.19.300_gz.zip (igo 9.12.80.689874) 
mm2014_upgrade_igo_3.3.16.940_gz.zip (igo 9.12.133.675708) 
mm2014_upgrade_igo_3.3.16.960_gz.zip (igo 9.12.133.696450) 
mm2014_upgrade_igo_7.0.24.130_gz.zip (igo 9.12.138.703531) 

Extract the file to a FAT32 formatted USB stick and plug it in to R-Link - its similar to how the v2 -> v3 update happened but quite faster (as the file is smaller) - you get a bunch of yellow lines and then R-Link reboots. Note that the navigation part of R-Link will reset at this point, so you will lose any settings / favorites / POI locations etc.

At this point you have a modified iGO partition, which basically looks exactly the same as stock, only difference is that it now accepts unsigned & unlicensed Maps updates.

For step 2 you need a Map file to install. The file is similar to what Renault provides via the R-Link store - a .SKU file that contains the map. Only difference is that this file is not licensed and you can prepare it yourself (although its not that trivial to do).

The post on the BG forum includes .SKU map file for Eastern Europe - Here Q3 2018 Balkan region 526MB (Albania, BosniaHrz, Bulgaria, Croatia , Cyprus, FYROM, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey) - here's a link to that . You extract this to a USB stick (in the R-LINK folder), stick it in, then you'll see the prompt for map update and the rest is on the screenshots from my previous post.

I'll also translate the instructions for how to build the SKU file (so you can make one for UK or other parts of Europe or the world) - this is definitely for a separate post or even thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, Robertp, maxx, Boris2017, Trak-X, Ferry man

Last edit: by Boyko.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #41

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Many thanks. I will translate to Slovene and also start to provide service for that...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #42

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
If for some reason you decide to revert to the "stock" iGO partition, here are update files that will restore it:

mm2014_upgrade_igo_2.2.19.300_original.zip
mm2014_upgrade_igo_3.3.16.940_original.zip 
mm2014_upgrade_igo_3.3.16.960_original.zip 
mm2014_upgrade_igo_7.0.24.130_original.zip 

I've not tried these as I don't want to go back to stock :) but I hope this works too.

Last edit: by Boyko.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds